Am I plucking blackberries?
In my come follow me study, I read a quote from Elizabeth Barrett Browning, "Earth's crammed with heaven. And every common bush afire with God; But only he who sees, takes off his shoes. The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries." I really pondered that and thought how many times is God trying to reach me, teach me, comfort me or just have me see him in my daily life, but I am busy with the routine and caught up in the "thick of thin things" to notice. I want to see the common afire with God. I want my eyes to be open and really see.
I find that with all of the contention and division going on in our world, I want to just bury my head in the sand and pretend it is not happening. I need to feel the peace and joy that Christ can bring to my life. I know that when I see His hand and look for Him, I will find Him and that can restore peace and light when it feels a bit dark.
I find that with all of the contention and division going on in our world, I want to just bury my head in the sand and pretend it is not happening. I need to feel the peace and joy that Christ can bring to my life. I know that when I see His hand and look for Him, I will find Him and that can restore peace and light when it feels a bit dark.


Comments