Conference Weekend

Ginger and I worked out in the morning and then I came home got ready and straightened the house although Rick is doing a great job keeping up on the laundry and grocery shopping with me working.  He had gotten stuff for his chili soup so I invited the Schoenrocks to join us for the afternoon session and lunch.  It was amazing and conference has been one of reflection and pondering on what to improve on.  Our stake conference is this upcoming weekend and Devyn Cornish will be coming.  He has asked us to read the talk "What lack I yet?" and to pray to receive personal revelation at the conference.  I will be able to go to the Saturday session but will be heading to San Antonio early Sunday for Lizzy's farewell.  I am so excited for her! 

The changes in the young men/young women program caused Rick to lose sleep last night but he read the document this morning and it sounds like you still have the same number of men helping it just is structured differently.  The young women is still pretty much the same except the classes can be divided how we see fit according to our ward.  We have only had two classes because we do not have any Laurels.  But in January we would have had one, so we would have met with the Miamaids anyway so we will probably just have two class groups.  It is such a huge responsibility to work with the youth.  We need to be better at utilizing our class presidencies and let them lead more.  Also having the girls be more active in teaching.  I have made assignments in the past for them to prepare and be ready to share and some do and some don't but giving them the chance is important.  I am teaching in November so I plan on giving the girls assignments before hand to think and ponder on.  The BYU idaho model of learning is one of prepare, teach one another and ponder and prove.  When you prepare before the class you get so much more out of it and are able to share more because you have thought about it beforehand. 

Excited to watch today's conference! 

Comments

Popular Posts