Morgan came home!

Morgan was home from Monday night until Saturday afternoon.  I loved spending time with her and the boys enjoyed her being here as well.  Jack might have been the most excited and he was pampered the whole week.  We were able to get her car inspected, get her eye exam and contacts to take with her, ate sushi (only Morgan and I like it), got pedicures, international cell plan,  and got last minute items needed for her trip.  I am a bit nervous about her going for so long.  Rick gave her a father's blessing and that comforted me a bit.  She flew out Saturday and arrived in Vienna, Sunday evening.  So far all is going well and she likes her roommate and her host mom.   Wednesday night, I was hanging with Morgan and got a call from a lady in our ward.  I could tell that she was upset and she asked if I had time to talk with her.  I told her, of course, and I met her at church where she had dropped off her girls for young womens.  Her husband is struggling with his testimony and I guess the previous week he had attended a different church.  She doesn't know what to do and is just devastated.  They joined the church as a young married couple with one little girl.  They have four girls in total now.  I knew he has been struggling for a while, he had sent Rick and the stake president an email about how he couldn't sustain the new prophet because it wasn't done like it was prophesied in the Doctrine and Covenants. The scripture he referenced was the one that Elder Stevenson shared in his conference talk where he took us step by step through the process.  She then mentioned further on that she watched conference pretty much by herself and that he has never liked conference and doesn't' watch.  I found it interesting that he didn'' even watch the solemn assembly to even give the spirit a chance to testify to him.  I felt the spirit so strongly in my home as I stood and raised my arm in sustaining President Nelson.  Anyway, she will be finishing up the school year soon and we will go to the temple together over the summer as much as we can.  I know that the temple can strengthen us and I love that during the Kirtland dedication it said that those that leave this house "will be armed with my power, and that thy name may be upon them, and that thy glory be round about them, and thine angels have charge over them."  I know that as we go to the temple, we can be fortified to face our trials and receive inspiration for our lives.  I feel so bad for Michelle because she doesn't have any family to turn to.  She is the only member of her extended family and her mom is completely anti.  She doesn't have anyone to help her through this trial.  I am glad that she reached out because I know that was hard for her, but we cannot do this alone. 

Comments

bethouhumble said…
That would be so hard! I can't imagine going through this life with my husband not on the same page. So many are going to struggle with their testimonies in these last days!
Bozie said…
This is happening more and more! I'm so glad you were there for her. She is going to go through so much loneliness and sadness. I'm glad you were able to spend time with Miss Morgy before she headed off to Europe. I'm sure she will have a wonderful time and take in all the sights and culture. So brave! I would never travel alone. I'm even scared to travel with Dennis because if anything happened to him I'd be on my own. ;)

Popular Posts