Winter Park 2018
| OUTSIDE OUR CONDO |
| WE WERE ABLE TO SKI IN AND OUT OF WHERE WE WERE STAYING |
![]() |
| The whole gang minus Levi. He didn't feel up to skiing the first day. |
![]() |
| I was giving quite the smoulder look in this one. |
| This took you up and over the resort and ski runs. It was all lit with lights and so beautiful. |
| Playing games was my favorite thing |
| Morgan and Caden |
| Lexi and Levi |
| Blake |
We flew out Monday, Jan 1 and headed off to Colorado. After arriving in Denver we met up at the car rental place with Lexi and Levi and then all headed up to Winter Park. Our accommodations were for ten people and we had 12 so we stopped at Walmart and bought a couple of air mattresses and sleeping bags. Taylor and Morgan got relegated to those but they ended up being the best beds in the place. The mattresses were by far the worst we have ever accounted and made sleeping a challenge. But there were three bathrooms. The first night we just hung out and played games, which ended up being my favorite activity. We all participated together and Lexi and Levi brought a super fun game that everyone liked. Rick really wanted Ginger and I to try skiing and I really didn't want to but we acquiesced and gave it a try. I knew I was in trouble when I was freaking out on the chair lift. We were so high and I did not feel secure. I fell getting off the lift and had to be hoisted up by a worker. Once on my skis, it went downhill from there. I pretty much was terrified. The hill seemed steep and no end in sight. The bunny hill was only for those that paid for ski lessons and I did not want to be a "little duckling" with all the little kids. I probably should have just done that. I could not get the hang of snow plowing and felt super out of control. I purposely fell three times to just stop myself. By this time, I pretty much had a full panic attack and was shaking and almost paralyzed. I told Rick, I don't care how I get down but I am not getting down on these skis. The let me take my skis off and ride down the lift. It probably should have been humiliating, but I did not care at all. Ginger did great and did three or four runs during the time it took Paul to make it down once. He was inching his way down and it looked like his knees were crossed they were so close together. He said he kept saying "I won't be Elena" so at least my epic fail was inspirational. Paul bought me the school dropout shirt and that is actually quite generous compared to what really happened. Rick was so sweet and didn't look at me like I was a complete nutter. I am sure he thought it but he got me safely down and back to the condo. Anyway that made for some good jokes and laughs for the week. The next day, the majority went skiing again. Caden and Morgan loved it and would have gone a third day but most were happy with two days. Levi did snowboarding and was able to go the 2nd day and had a good time. That evening, we walked around the resort and had hot cocoa and everything was so beautiful and very Hallmarky. I am sure movies have been filmed there. They even had campfire live music. After that more games were played. The next day we were up and ready to go snowmobiling. Minors with a license could drive but without a passenger so we started out with Blake driving himself with Caden as Morgan's passenger and then when we turned around to go back, Caden was able to drive. The boys all loved this. It was breathtakingly beautiful but it was a bit cold. We headed to Denver to stay in a hotel close to the airport since we all had 9 am flights. Flights were on time and everyone returned safely home. It was a wonderful vacation!







Comments