Trying New Things

This is his inspiration picture.  He has tweaked it a bit, but I am sure it will look great when he is done.


So I have watched all four seasons of the British Baking show, so I feel that that qualifies me as somewhat of an expert at this point, so when Caden mentioned that he would like me to make him some real twinkies I felt confident in my success. Since one of my goals is eating healthy, I didn't try one but Caden ate seven of them almost immediately.  I didn't fill five with icing for Blake and he ate all of those.  They said they were delicious.  I need to beat the egg whites longer next time to get them to be puffier, but all in all a success.

Rick announced last week that he wanted to make a new bed for us.  He has been working on it pretty steadily the last couple days.  It will be upholstered in the center and have wood trim around it.  He is copying a bed he saw in a store so we will see how close he gets.  I don't know where he gets his energy but I think it is a nice stress release for him

Blake got a job at the new grocery store and tonight will be his sixth shift.  He works the check out unless they are slow then he has been washing dishes in the deli.  He so far has handled it ok and I hope he sticks it out.  It is really good for him.

Comments

bethouhumble said…
I am super impressed with both of you! How did you get the Twinkies in such perfect form and how did you get filling inside? I've watched all of the British baking show too but not sure I think that qualifies me to tackle that! I am going to give a go to Yorkshire pudding! I hope it continues to go well for Blake. Jobs are good!
bethouhumble said…
And...please post inspiration picture with Rock's finished product. I am using an inspiration picture for prom. It won't be exact for sure but hopefully will have the same feel!
bethouhumble said…
That would be Rick's....dang auto correct

Popular Posts