Random happenings



The girls made me these silhouette pictures for mother's day.  I love them.  They had made different ones for their apartment and I strongly hinted (full on requested)  that I would like some for myself.  They came yesterday and they are so fun!  The boys had to model their trek clothes in a fashion show Wednesday night at church.  They didn't have their suspenders yet, but they plan on adding those for the real deal.  Rick has had trek meetings every Sunday and they sure put a lot of work and planning into this experience for the kids.  The pic of the cookie is for my VT.  I found a recipe for swig cookies that are so popular in Utah right now.  I made them and attached President Packer's talk about families and the importance of the atonement.  They turned out really tasty and something I should not make very often! 

Caden tried out for the tennis team for high school next year and he made it, so his summer will be filled with tennis lessons, tennis camps and tennis matches.  He has never played before but has just hit around with Rick, so he has some serious work to do to be able to play.  Rick was so excited when I told him, it was like a kid in a candy store.  He played tennis and he has always tried to get the boys excited about it.  I told Caden he made his dads day, month and possibly year! 

Rick and I went last night around 8:30 to help a couple move some of the heavier things in.  Thank goodness we showed up.  It was a last minute email out and the only people who showed up were three men over 60 and one of those is in pretty bad shape.  I so admire him.  He walks with a hobble and looks like he has been bucked off too many bulls. (which he has, he was a rodeo guy).  He is always there when there is service or work to be done, even though everyone would give him a pass.  There is something magical in service though and I think he understands that.  It is exciting to have new families move in and we have a new family coming on Saturday as well! 

School is almost out!  Three day weekend and then Tuesday, Wednesday, all day fun day at a ranch for the boys on Thursday, and 8th grad on Friday at 9 am and then done!  YEAH 
We still haven't gotten the results on the standard test for Blake in math and if he didn't pass it, we will have some hurdles to jump through, but he did pass the reading one so one down, three to go!

Comments

Be Thou Humble said…
Love the silhouettes! They are a great addition to your new look! That is exciting Rick gets to go on trek with the boys. My kids loved it! Yeah for Caden!! I've never watched tennis so that would be a new one for me but so glad he'll get to be a part of a team. Hope it goes well for Blake! That is stressful!

Popular Posts