Tender Mercies Are Abundant
Tender Mercy #1 I need to record a couple of experiences before I forget! Monday night we had FHE and we read part of a talk given by Elder Holland, We are all Enlisted, then we watched part of it on mormon messages. It is such a great talk about our choices and how the Lord needs young men to step up and stay clean. We talked about how vital it is to realize that Satan is real and he is battling for them. After our discussion I asked if anyone had anything to share. Blake shared such a beautiful testimony. He said that Sunday, his teacher had told them that often they will find answers to prayers in the scriptures and sometimes if you just randomly open them a scripture will be the perfect one for you. He then said he went to bed that night, he forgot to read his scriptures. He remembered that he had left them downstairs after church and so he didn't want to get up and get them. He thought, I will just lay here and think about a talk instead. The talk that came to him was a testimony that a youth had shared last month. He said how sometimes he is in bed and then remembers to read his scriptures, but how often they are way across the room and it seems a very long walk, but how it is always worth it and the right thing to do. So when Blake thought that he got up and got his scriptures. He then said in the same class at church about random scriptures, they had been talking about repentance. He had been thinking about that and when he opened his scriptures they fell to Isaiah. He said you know the one that says if you sins are like scarlet they can be white as snow and wool? You could feel the spirit as he shared this experience. I was grateful that he was present for these talks and for these lessons. When we are where we are supposed to be we will be blessed. The Lord could not have brought these thoughts to his mind, if he had not heard them. He cannot draw from an empty well. I also love how the Lord let Blake know that what he had been told was true. I am grateful for the FHE program that allows these moments to happen. Such a reminder of why we are counseled to do so!
Tender Mercy#2
We planned a trip to Europe. We did it so that Morgan could reunite with Lexi and also just to have a fun family trip with the girls. As it got closer, Rick and I got more and more nervous. I do not like leaving part of the family behind just in case something happens. But I am a worrier and so just chalked it up to that. Rick started feeling a bit anxious a couple days ago. Then Friday, I was busy getting the house ready for Grandma Daniels and was planning a big grocery trip so that she would have easy meals for the boys. Morgan didn't get up until 11:30, and that was weird but then I saw her eye and she explained that it really hurt to open it and any light was really painful. It was just running tears. I thought she must have scratched it and so I wasn't too worried. I sent Rick a text because I knew he had numbing eyedrops somewhere. She wore my dark sunglasses and went to the store with me. Finally a couple hours later, Rick had gotten our messages and he was worried. He said she needed to get in immediately. He called and found an opthamologist (MD) that could see her. This was at 4 and they close at 5. We hurried over and I was thinking that Rick was overreacting and that it would just be a scratch. I guess the sensitivity to light was the tip off to Rick that this was not scratch related. I was in the waiting room filling out paperwork and Morgan was back with the DR. He told her that she had a corneal ulcer and it was serious. She was like ok, will this keep me from seeing sights when we go to Europe. He looked at her and said, you cannot go to Europe, you need to be under my care for at least a week. You could lose your sight or even your eye. This is serious. We could not believe it. She was brave until we got in the car and then she started crying. She started to imagine the worst things, not driving, not reading, not being able to do her studies. I told her that this was a blessing and thankfully Rick made us go in. They would have been closed over the weekend and it seems that time was of the essence. She had to put drops in her eye every hour even all night long. We didn't get much sleep because the alarm went off every hour, but she already feels a lot better. The pain is much better and it isn't as red. The Dr. called today and when she told him, he thinks they might have the right treatment. He will see her on Monday but he said it sounded promising. If this had happened when we were in Europe who knows what the outcome would have been. The Lord sure does help us and I know that he sends angels to watch over and protect us.
Tender Mercy #3
Dad who is no longer a spring chicken at 80 underwent back surgery. This caused me great anxiety because he has that slow heartbeat and I just was worried about him going under. I fasted and prayed on Sunday that all would be well and that the doctors would do their very best and that he would have a positive outcome. I know that he has a long way to go before he is feeling back to himself and able to do things, but he is home and all things seem to be going well. I just wanted to take a moment and write these experiences down and to express my gratitude for a loving Heavenly Father who watches over us. I thought of the scripture that likens a chick being gathered under his wings this week as those I loved were protected.
Tender Mercy#2
We planned a trip to Europe. We did it so that Morgan could reunite with Lexi and also just to have a fun family trip with the girls. As it got closer, Rick and I got more and more nervous. I do not like leaving part of the family behind just in case something happens. But I am a worrier and so just chalked it up to that. Rick started feeling a bit anxious a couple days ago. Then Friday, I was busy getting the house ready for Grandma Daniels and was planning a big grocery trip so that she would have easy meals for the boys. Morgan didn't get up until 11:30, and that was weird but then I saw her eye and she explained that it really hurt to open it and any light was really painful. It was just running tears. I thought she must have scratched it and so I wasn't too worried. I sent Rick a text because I knew he had numbing eyedrops somewhere. She wore my dark sunglasses and went to the store with me. Finally a couple hours later, Rick had gotten our messages and he was worried. He said she needed to get in immediately. He called and found an opthamologist (MD) that could see her. This was at 4 and they close at 5. We hurried over and I was thinking that Rick was overreacting and that it would just be a scratch. I guess the sensitivity to light was the tip off to Rick that this was not scratch related. I was in the waiting room filling out paperwork and Morgan was back with the DR. He told her that she had a corneal ulcer and it was serious. She was like ok, will this keep me from seeing sights when we go to Europe. He looked at her and said, you cannot go to Europe, you need to be under my care for at least a week. You could lose your sight or even your eye. This is serious. We could not believe it. She was brave until we got in the car and then she started crying. She started to imagine the worst things, not driving, not reading, not being able to do her studies. I told her that this was a blessing and thankfully Rick made us go in. They would have been closed over the weekend and it seems that time was of the essence. She had to put drops in her eye every hour even all night long. We didn't get much sleep because the alarm went off every hour, but she already feels a lot better. The pain is much better and it isn't as red. The Dr. called today and when she told him, he thinks they might have the right treatment. He will see her on Monday but he said it sounded promising. If this had happened when we were in Europe who knows what the outcome would have been. The Lord sure does help us and I know that he sends angels to watch over and protect us.
Tender Mercy #3
Dad who is no longer a spring chicken at 80 underwent back surgery. This caused me great anxiety because he has that slow heartbeat and I just was worried about him going under. I fasted and prayed on Sunday that all would be well and that the doctors would do their very best and that he would have a positive outcome. I know that he has a long way to go before he is feeling back to himself and able to do things, but he is home and all things seem to be going well. I just wanted to take a moment and write these experiences down and to express my gratitude for a loving Heavenly Father who watches over us. I thought of the scripture that likens a chick being gathered under his wings this week as those I loved were protected.


Comments