Well our biggest fun was Lexi coming home Friday.  We picked her up and then that night we went out to the movies with the Schoenrocks.  It was the Exodus movie about Moses.  It was okay but sure took a lot of creative license.  Then last night we drove to a drive in and the kids hung out in the back of Paul's truck with hot cocoa and rice krispie treats.  Today was an amazing church experience.  MIke Dyer's younger brother spoke for the first time since he was 13.  He  left the church at 16 and joined a gang.  He had lived a life of drugs and crime.  He was jailed at least once.  He actually met a girl a few years back on LDS singles (a profile Tami, Mike's wife made for him.)  They were married and had a couple kids, but he had never left his addictions behind.  She finally could not take it anymore and felt that he was harming her and the children and she had him move out.  He moved into our ward the beginning of this year and moved in with his dad.  He hit rock bottom because he loved his family and wanted to be with them.  He knelt and prayed to the Lord and prayed and prayed, he had the impression to talk to the Bishop.  He poured out his heart to the Bishop and the Bishop gave him a blessing.  He wanted the Bishop to tell him that he would get his wife back, but Bishop blessed him with clarity of mind and that he would know God's will.  He went home a bit upset and he prayed again and again.  The thought came, do you know what you believe and then a thought call the missionaries.  He thought why would I call the missionaries that is for people that are not members.  I am a member, but the thought came again.  He called the missionaries and they gave him the first discussion.  He was amazed at how much he did not know.  They left and he gave in to his addiction (drugs).  He prayed for the Lord to help him overcome this addiction that had been with him 25 years. The thought came call the missionaries.  He didn't think it was appropriate for the missionaries to be a part of that, but the thought persisted.  He told Bishop about it and he told him to go ahead.  He called the missionaries and all three of them flushed his drugs down the toilet and before the final flush finished, Elder Nebeker (love him) offered him a blessing.  He blessed him and when they lifted their hands from his head, he felt the physical addiction leave him.  He knew what that felt like but before he had gone through withdrawals.  He did not have this but he still had the mental addiction.  During this time, he was his father's shadow.  He was with him all the time and this helped him get through that part.  He was still devastated about losing his wife and family and prayed and prayed for the Lord to help him.  He turned on the radio and a song came on that really touched him and he felt he needed to let her go.  He sent her the song and told her goodbye.  The song touched her and she told him she still loved him and was willing to give him another chance.  He left our ward and moved back home( still in Texas, but in Austin).  He was having a really hard day and he felt that he had left all of his support from our ward.  He was really struggling and then there was a knock on the door.  Who was standing there but Elder Nebeker.  He had just been transferred to that ward.  He once again knew that the Lord loved him and was mindful of him and sent him a tender mercy once again.  I thought it was a perfect talk for Christmas and such a wonderful reminder of how much we are loved by our Heavenly Father, he sent his son for this very purpose, to offer  redemption and salvation to us all.  He will go after the lost sheep again and again.  There are no coincidences and the Lord's hand is in our lives in a very real and personal way!  We also had beautiful music today and it was just a lovely lovely meeting before Christmas. 
Rick's new calling has been so good for him.  He is integrating himself in the ward and they love him.  We had a couple members get hospitalized this week and he went and visited them.  He went again today after a long day at church and they were so happy to see him.  (Bishop is out of town) He is growing so much and I love seeing him like this.  We are truly blessed and I cannot thank my Heavenly Father enough.   I need to make sure I express that thanks by seeking to do his will and be his hands. 

Lexi and I filled in for the CTR 7 class today.  We had eight adorable kiddos.  A couple were a little high maintenance, but they are so innocent and so dang cute.  We taught the special Christmas lesson and it was so fun. 
I finished my semester with a's and one a-.  I was ok with my a- because it was math and I am not a huge fan.  I looked at the class statistics and I actually did really well.  The average was a low B so after I saw that I was pretty ok with my score.  I don't start my next semester until January 5.  I am taking four classes so I hope I will juggle it all.  I have really enjoyed working toward a goal that I have had for so long. It truly is a blessing.  Life is good!

Comments

Popular Posts