Rick in his role of medical director gets to host and set up the Christmas Party for the staff. We went to a place called zeds and they had it decorated for Christmas and we had a private room. After eating, Rick had everyone bring a gift for a white elephant exchange. Everyone had a great time with that and it made the party go fast and it made it not awkward since half of the people (spouses etc) didn't really know anyone. Rick covered the food and drinks (soda, tea, etc ) but if they wanted alcohol they had to start their own tab. Thank goodness, they were drinking quite a bit and a few of the white elephant gift were wine, etc. They began to get a little wilder as the night wore on, but most people left about the same time and left the extra wild to party on I guess. He works with some nice people and I really like Emily (she is another doc that works there) Totally down to earth and definelty did not think she deserves special treatment because she was one of the doctors. She is just very nice. Her husband is also ER doctor and they have two little girls 2 and 1. One of the nurses that worked where Rick worked and then she moved over with him when this new facility opened said she loves it so much better. She said it is just a happy place to work. I am glad the party is over since I don't really like socializing, but Rick did a cute job and they all really seem to like him.
Before we left for the party, we met with President Huntsman for Rick to be set apart. It was an amazing blessing and I could feel my Heavenly Father's love for Rick so strong. President Hunstman kept repeating that in the prayer. I know the the Lord was in this call and President Huntsman said that who he felt would be most blessed by this calling would be our boys.



Comments