Divine Intervention???
We had three new sisters move in recently and so Monday I made appointments to go and visit them and get a feel for them and their situation to help me assign VT. One lady didn't have a working number but the missionaries had been by and told me it was safe and they will be coming to church once it warms us. They are an older couple. So I head out and had great visits with the first two ladies. I knocked on the door of the third and a tall gentlemen answered and I asked if his wife Edith was home. He said sure, come on in. I go in and she comes out and we start talking. Things seemed a little off and she didn't seem to know what a Relief Society President was but we kept talking. They are only in this house for a couple weeks while their home is finished being built. I offered to have the Elders and High Priest groups to help move. Again an odd look. She said oh we have the firemen lined up to help us. Finally she says, now who are you with? I said, the LDS Church, Mormon Church. She said, "oh we are catholic! But our son in Austin is a Mormon and has seven kids, he probably sent our names. He hasn't given up on us." But we have membership records so I was thoroughly confused. I still had not clued in that I was in the wrong house. We visited and she gave me her cell number and her address of the new home and welcomed me to visit her. I gave her my little welcome gift with the name tag Edith and left. I got in the card and texted the Bishop and missionaries and said that Edith was not a member and how did we get her records? Over the course of the texts, the missionaries describing who Edith was and looked like, I came to the realization that I had gone to the wrong house. I have no idea what this poor ladies name is. I do know her son's name and what stake he is in. So I will go today and drive to the address again and see what happened. I swear I was at the right address. Anyway it was funny and ironic that she did have an LDS connection. So accident, coincidence, or divine intervention? We will see how it pans out!
Then I remembered it was a sister's birthday. She doesn't come very often, but I try to look out for her. I sent her a text wishing her a happy birthday. Apparently she was just given two free tickets to a concert and she wanted to go but her husband was working. She was trying to think who she could ask to go with her on short notice. Just then I sent my text wishing her happy birthday. She immediately asked if I would go with her. I really didn't want to since I would be visiting all day and doing visiting teaching, but I said yes. She was so excited. We went last night and it was amazing. I am so glad that I went. It was a perfect Chritmas gift. They play every year and I told her we need to make it a yearly tradition. I was moved beyond word by the songs and the orchestra and the choir. I love when you can sit with a huge room of people of all faiths and express love and gratiude for our Savior.
Then I remembered it was a sister's birthday. She doesn't come very often, but I try to look out for her. I sent her a text wishing her a happy birthday. Apparently she was just given two free tickets to a concert and she wanted to go but her husband was working. She was trying to think who she could ask to go with her on short notice. Just then I sent my text wishing her happy birthday. She immediately asked if I would go with her. I really didn't want to since I would be visiting all day and doing visiting teaching, but I said yes. She was so excited. We went last night and it was amazing. I am so glad that I went. It was a perfect Chritmas gift. They play every year and I told her we need to make it a yearly tradition. I was moved beyond word by the songs and the orchestra and the choir. I love when you can sit with a huge room of people of all faiths and express love and gratiude for our Savior.


Comments