Resident Artist!
I wanted to do Caden's room in a bit of a sports/basketball theme and since Lexi was home I took advantage of her talent. I found this canvas picture of a "pick up game" at pottery barn for $150 dollars. I showed it to Lexi and said can you recreate this and she said sure! It looks awesome and she just whipped it out. I also had her take two rectangular canvases and make me a huge basketball above his bed. We moved his dresser over beside his bed so his lamp and scriptures are close by. Often he would fall asleep after reading with his main light on all night! Now he just reads with his lamp and turns that off without having to get up! Seems to be working better for him. I am waiting for his bedding to come which is black/grey/red and then his room will be finished. Blake was feeling a bit left out but he wants a gun room or a James Bond room and that is a bit more difficult to do!! Anyway I have one more project for Lexi before she leaves us tomorrow! She will be heading off and starting Fall classes and Morgan will be heading off to South Carolina. I was a bit blue yesterday as I once again realized that my family unit that I have known and loved is forever changing. My girls are no longer my "little" girls and they will never again really live at home. When it has just been the four of us going places or at church when the boys are passing sacrament and it is just Rick and I in the pew, I get a little melancholy but I know it has to be and I need to focus on getting these little men to grow up to be as good as their sisters and that will take all the energy I can muster!!!





Comments