Birthday Fun!
My friend Dana sent me an edible arrangement for my bday and all this fruit was dipped in chocolate even pineapple! It was delicious and very sweet of her! The boys bought be caramels and owls charms with a necklace. They had it all wrapped so cute. I got these owl cookie jars so add to my new kitchen that my sweet husband who loves me way too much is redoing for me! A beautiful temple bag that Nichole and mom sent. I really liked the one Nichole had and they sent me my very own. I will get to use it this Saturday as one of our seminary students will be going through the temple before he heads off to Tempe, AZ for his mission!
Poor hubby, when he asked me what I would like for my bday, I told him I wanted my kitchen (on the left) transformed into the kitchen on the right) I have had this kitchen picture saved but I didn't' have the heart to ask for it! I thought for my bday I might try and get it! He was game and below is our progress.
Ginger invited us over after church for a delicious meal of roast and Paul's famous potatoes. You really are close to having a heart attack after but they are so good. She then made this amazing white cake with layers of homemade raspberry jam and slices of strawberries and cream cheese icing. It had some almond flavoring too. I really do not know why I am surrounded by such good people but I am blessed!
Poor hubby, when he asked me what I would like for my bday, I told him I wanted my kitchen (on the left) transformed into the kitchen on the right) I have had this kitchen picture saved but I didn't' have the heart to ask for it! I thought for my bday I might try and get it! He was game and below is our progress.
Painting cabinets is a lot of work and it takes a lot of time. This is just the priming step. After two days we have the frames all primed and the cabinet doors primed and painted on one side. We are taking today off since it is Sunday and he will begin again tomorrow. I think he will get most things painted tomorrow except maybe a second coat on some and then let them dry all Tuesday and possible install them with the new hardware on Wednesday. As I saw him working out in the Texas heat all day and not once complaining or making me feel bad for having him do this, I know once again that I am loved by him and he really does do everything he can to make me happy!! (plus he is pretty talented) A friend from church came over in the midst of the chaos and said, you know you can pay to have someone do this! but Rick is so good at things that I know it will turn out better if he does it plus it is much cheaper!!






Comments
Glad you had a good day!