Moms have to do Hard Things Sometimes!





So saying goodbye to Morgan was much harder than I anticipated.  I didn't sleep all night and just tossed and turned.  Woke up and wrote her a letter to take with her and of course that started me crying.  Then seeing her all packed and ready to go set me off again.  I just feel a heavy weight on my heart and I cannot seem to shake it.  I miss her  and that seems strange since I just saw her, but the finality of not seeing her or hearing her voice for such a long time has caused me to be a bit heartsick.  I know that today will be the hardest day and if I just think about it I find myself crying, but life will get busy and I will get letters and it will be alright.  Silver lining is that I still have Lexi to cheer me up even if it is through texts, calls, and FaceTime!

Comments

Kim said…
You have been on my mind and heart today. This makes me tear up! I have about 6 weeks left until this will be me. I will be putting Chelsea on a plane from Boise straight to Mexico... I'm hoping she won't be the only missionary from here going that day. Morgan looks so beautiful! Chelsea recently cut her hair too. I'm so proud of our wonderful girls. May you have peace in your heart this week:)
CarolAnne said…
It was a busy MTC with over 700 new missionaries coming in. I did see Sister Daniels as she picked up her packet. I hope I didn't scare her when I went right up to her and told her who I was. Everything is so new! I was able to take out her name badge, show it to her and ask if her name was spelled correctly. Ha ha. We have the same name! It was a magnetic badge that I placed on her white sweater, left shoulder. She looked lovely, only a little nervous. It was fun to say hello and wish her well. You can be proud of your daughter!
Daniels Six said…
CarolAnne! I am so excited that you were able to see her and welcome her. I haven't heard from her yet but I hope by tomorrow! Thanks for looking out for her!
Bozie said…
I wish I could have been in texas to give you a big hug and we could have cried together!! she is going to be amazing but I know that doesn't make it any easier for the mom! I so love the picture of you kissing her on the cheek:)

Popular Posts