In Good Hands!

My guys turn 12 this summer and I have been thinking a lot about them receiving the priesthood and what a privilege that will be. I will have three priesthood holders in my home. This Sunday they will go to Priesthood preview and it will make it even more real to me. I wonder if I have taught them well enough, if they understand the seriousness of holding the priesthood and that they always need to conduct themselves honorably. Caden since he was baptized made the commitment to read the scriptures every day on his own. Up to that point, the boys would just count family scripture study. He has read the Book of Mormon twice, the New Testament once, and he is now working on the Doctrine and Covenants. His New Year's Resolution was to not only read the scriptures before he went to bed but to read them in the morning too. He comes down every morning with his scriptures and reads them as he eats breakfast. I know that this habit has really blessed his life. He is so sweet and kind and he worries for every one's feelings. He is great with little kids and he is respectful to adults. I know that daily scripture study can make us more like Christ and I see that in Caden. When he sets goals, he is serious about it. I do believe the priesthood will be in good hands!

Comments

Bozie said…
this made me so emotional-i love that kid! i hope he will continue as he becomes a teen. jake and brad are finally wanting to read the book of mormon on their own. reading every day really does make us better, kinder people and i think you're right, we are in good hands!!
Be Thou Humble said…
What a great example!!! Even to me! Thank you Caden! I'm going to tell my kids about Caden's goals and his determination to follow through! He will go far with that perspective!

Popular Posts