If you have a crisis, I am no good to you!
Yesterday was an emotional exhausting day for me and once again reminded me that I cannot handle stressful situations well or at all. Lexi went out to feed her horse and once again he had a blockage. We went though this a year and half ago. I called the vet and she was in the middle of an embryo transplant and couldn't make it until 10. She didn't seem too worried and said they usually work themselves out. I drove Lexi to school since she was running late after dealing with him. I prayed on the way home that he would be standing when I got back. I pulled in and he was down and all the way head and everything. Not good! I called the vet back and left message and then called Rick crying. He had gotten off at 5 am and it was now 8. I told him I needed him to come home and I thought Sunny was dying and I couldn't go out there. Rick and the vet came and they couldn't get sunny up. He had really shallow and rapid breathing. They finally got him up and cleared up the blockage, but he has pneumonia. He already has the beginnings of heart failure and the vet didn't know if he could pull through. He looked so sad and in pain. They gave him some pain meds and Rick is giving him penicillin twice a day in a huge needle. He hasn't eaten anything and that is so not our Sundance. This morning, I finally went out to see him since he is up. I called his name and he whinnied which gave me hope. He came up to the fence and I talked to him and rubbed him. His eyes are very dull and he keeps his head down. Of course, I started crying again and truthfully am now as I type this. I am such a baby. I hate to see anything suffer and he is such a sweet guy! I mixed his grain in water and tried to have him eat a little out of my hand. He did a little but he really wasn't interested. In a little I will try some oatmeal with sugar to see if he can tolerate that. I know we are not out of the woods with him and for his age and problems pneumonia is very serious. The vet will check him out on Thursday and see how he is doing. So moral of the story is unless you are looking for someone to cry with you, I am not your gal in a crisis!


Comments