Lex is 17 tomorrow!!

Yesterday, Lexi and Taylor had gone to a neighbors to take care of their dogs while they were at work. On the way home, this little white dog was running down the road. Of course, these two bleeding hearts had to stop and check it out. They come home and walk in the door and tell me, that they had seen this little lost dog. I was like "that's too bad", and oh by the way we have her in the car!! So second time this year they have brought home a "lost dog". The first one's owners claimed it the next day. We called the number on this tag for 2007 and it was the vet's clinic. They gave us a number to call but nobody has called us back. They gave her a bath and she is house trained (thank goodness) She has grown attached to the girls already and both Jack and this dog slept with Morgan last night. Rick has been gone this weekend so he has yet to see this pup! I plan on calling the vet tomorrow and giving them our name and number to see if anyone claims her. With her tag being from 2007 I am a bit worried. I am not sure what to do with her if no one comes to get her. I told Lexi and Taylor next time just keep driving!!!
Yesterday, Lexi and I went shopping and out for lunch for her birthday. She picked out a cute church outfit and of course lots of athletic clothes. We had such a great time together. She is so fun to hang with. We came home and got the boys ready for trunk or treat. Today Paul and Ginger made Lexi ham steaks, Paul's famous potatoes which really should be outlawed!! and maple scones. So good! We both have this book we read at Christmas called "The Gift of Nothing" It is such a cute story. Taylor first brought Lexi out this cute black box wrapped with a ribbon. Lexi opened it and yelled "the gift of nothing". It was funny. They then brought out a basket filled with Lexi's favorite things.. jar of huge pickles, art supplies, soccer ball, bullets and cute pink ear protection for shooting, chex mix, chips, Just Dance 3, mini saltine crackers, and lemons. The little banner said, "These are a few of my favorite things" So Cute!! They certainly spoil my kids!! Tomorrow we will do german chocolate cake and fried rice made by Rick! She wanted the Rosetta Stone for French so we got her phase one. Au Revoir!!

Comments

Bozie said…
that sounds like our lex!! she really has always loved animals and is such a tender-heart:) sounds like her birthday was fabulous! so hard to believe that our little ganny and lex loo are so OLD now:) i'm glad she had a special day!! tell her we love her!!!!
Be Thou Humble said…
Wow! Ginger really knows how to celebrate! I can't believe I forgot Lexi's birthday. I remembered in September when I was doing something for Morgan!!! YIKES! Tell her we'll make it up to her!

Popular Posts