Two Roads Diverged



Nichole and I just spent a few weeks together and in so doing noticed that in our journey along the yellow wood we chose the wrong path. We chose the one fraught with dangers such as ho ho's and ding dongs to speak metaphorically and maybe a little literally. Now we realize that there is no sweet smelling flowers on this path only cottage cheese, cellulite, muffin tops etc. We have waged war and want off this path and onto the one filled with health and well being where Lane Bryant is not the store of our future. We have issued a duel a battle of wills! We are reporting what we eat to each other and what exercise we got that day. This is not any fad diet, I don't subscribe to those. We are making healthy choices and eating in moderation. Also exercise is key to a successful healthy lifestyle. Nichole threw down week one with six pounds lost, I lost three. But I will say if you go to the grocery store and look at three pounds of hamburger, butter, lard it is ALOT. I seem to have lost those three pounds on places I would rather keep them, but I will still take it. This morning I ran/walked to my mailbox and back. A total of seven miles. I think I got a blister but it feels good!! We have a goal to lose 30 pounds by December (that is when we will see each other). Round one winner = NICHOLE.

Comments

Be Thou Humble said…
Good thing I'm going to Utah--Nichole will have to motivate me to loose my last few! I was doing well until Disneyland then...
Be Thou Humble said…
Good thing I'm going to Utah--Nichole will have to motivate me to loose my last few! I was doing well until Disneyland then...
Bozie said…
i love reading your writings-they always make me laugh. i always start out strong but give out fast. i really want to change though and it helps to know i have to report to you. here's to "eating to live, not living to eat!"

Popular Posts