PHEW!!



This week, I had a couple of busy days. Poor mom and Nichole were roped into helping me since they came a little early. They made 22 bundt cakes for me on Wednesday while I was out at girl's camp teaching a class from 1-5. Talking for four straight hours was a little tiring. Then Thursday morning Ginger and I took the 22 undecorated cakes to the stake center where we decorated the gym with a patriotic/flag days theme. Rick picked up our guest speaker Brad Wilcox form girls camp and brought him to the stake center where he addressed us. We had a light luncheon. Ginger and I helped serve that and clean up. 280 women came and 140+ children. Exhausting day. Glad it is over!!! Rick took the boys for the traditional shooting day. Blake and Jake opted out of that experience. They all seemed to enjoy it.

Comments

Be Thou Humble said…
YEAH!! So glad that is over for you! The cakes turned out great. How did you do the frosting so thick like that? Maybe it was a good thing they came early, I don't know how you would have got them all made while you were at girl's camp! How did that go? We'll have to talk soon so you can tell me about it.
Daniels Six said…
The icing is divine. It is made with loads of cream cheese, butter, powedered sugar and vanilla. I think the cream cheese helps it set up. Ginger used a decorating bag and cut a hugh hole in it so she could pipe it on super thick. The ladies thought they were just fake cakes. You should have heard them when they announced they were dessert. Mom and Nichole did super the cakes were moist and delicious.
Chrissy said…
WOW- YOu are so modest! I had no idea you were putting together such a wonderful event! The cakes and room do look amazing and it sounds like it was a really special event. We have a book written by Brad Wilcox.

Popular Posts