We finished up with 2 Nephi today and I found myself emotional as I read his final words. He was such an amazing man and I will miss his counsel and guidance as we move on. I feel so blessed to be teaching seminary and I felt such a love for Nephi this time. I have read the Book of Mormon several times, but I haven't felt this connection or closeness before. One of the traits that I want to work on myself that Nephi had is charity. He was so loving and forgiving and concerned for the welfare of his people. I need to pray for charity daily. How much better would the world be if we all loved each other as the Savior loves us. I want to live in that world, I can do my part.
We are going to Utah for Thanksgiving this year. Rick really wanted to go skiing with the kids this year and since it is not my thing, I will hang with family while he hits the slopes with the kids. Morgan and Lexi love skiing and Blake thinks he will go again. He went when he was seven but hasn't gone since. We will see if the boys will go and love it. Rick wants his kids to like the same things he does: camping, shooting, skiing, tennis, outdoor stuff. So far they all like camping (-me), the girls like shooting and skiing, and Caden thinks he will like tennis eventually. I am exited to have Thanksgiving dinner with family!!!


Comments