I am a Survivor!!!
On Monday morning, I was dropped off into the wilderness (with my airconditoned RV) to rough it with my 25 YL's. When I woke up on Tuesday morning and realized that only one day was down, I was ready to fling myself off the top of the RV. We were up really early and stayed up so late that the days began to merge. There were some definite highlights though. I had some amazing YL's last year and most of them were there one more year. They did some pranks on me last year and this year they started again. I had a tub of ice water dumped on me and it sucked the air right out of me I couldn't even do my trademark scream. When Ginger and I returned to our RV, Roger (the dead snake) was on our front step. So we confiscated their cell phones (which they were not to have anyway) and left a note that said "Can you hear me now?" Then that night they came and shook our RV and banged on it so loud that your heart would just start beating fast with the anticipation of the next sound. We followed this with duct taping in lowly shades of blue all their belongings to their cot. One girl had brought a mannequin head (with the hopes of stringing it up and letting us scream when we opened our door) so we tied that in as well and sprinkled swedish fish everywhere. Our sign said "mess with us and you sleep with the fishes. Coincidentally when these girls were out canoeing they found a dead fish floating so they of course scooped him up. They came back and found out what we had done and then left the aforementioned fish on our doorstep with the note "This is the fish ya'll are sleeping with. We had a good time, we had one more prank to do but we totally were too tired to pull it off. Our last night, the rain and thunder, lightening started. That made clean up more difficult but the girls and I made it home and crashed for several hours.
Both girls brought a friend and ended up making several more. It is so refreshing to find so many girls that are amazing, cool, strong, have vibrant testimonies and are just so fun to hang out with. Having said that Ginger and I have both said "JUST SAY NO" if they ask us again!!
Both girls brought a friend and ended up making several more. It is so refreshing to find so many girls that are amazing, cool, strong, have vibrant testimonies and are just so fun to hang out with. Having said that Ginger and I have both said "JUST SAY NO" if they ask us again!!


Comments