100 List
I was looking at a friends' blog and she published 100 things about herself. Since this blog is basically journaling for me, I thought I would give it a try. I am not sure if I know 100 things about myself but here goes. (no particular order)
1. I am a huge sap!
2. I am a wife and love it.
3. I am a mom and love it.
4. I want to be a better wife and mother.
5. Christmas is my favorite holiday, and I am of the belief that Christmas music should be listened to year round.
6. Music moves me, I listen to it all day.
7. Reading is my favorite thing to do.
8. Huge Jane Austen fan. I have all her books and also have them on DVD. I reread her novels every year.
9. I am a huge romantic.
10. I am pretty competitive.
11. I am pretty insecure, so it helps that I have a husband that tells me how beautiful I am. Even when I don't believe it, he is so sincere that I find myself changing my mind and thinking wow he's right!
12. I am guilty of taking offense to easy. Probably the reason that Pahoran is my favorite guy in the scriptures and the book Peacegiver is one of my favorite books.
13. Always rooting for the underdog. I hate to see anyone hurt, left out etc.
14. Empathetic to a fault.
15. I cannot read the Friend without crying
16. Have three sisters. My sisters are such wonderful friends and I am so fortunate to have them in my life. (two great brothers too)
17. I have great role models for parents.
18. I would like to run a marathon sometime!
19. I enjoy running (most days)
20. Working out has been a part of my life for the past 14 years.
21. I need to be more grateful
22. I need to be less prideful (21 and 22 go hand in hand)
23. I am obsessed with all things Irish. I would love to go there someday, but I have it so built up in my head that I am sure to be disappointed. I just want to sit in a pub and listen to them sing all day, but in reality I am sure it would be filled with smoke and drunken old men singing entirely off key if they sing at all.
24. Generosity is a strength of mine.
25. I try and see something good in everyone.
26. I love working with dirt and planting things--watching them grow.
27. Sitting on my porch and watching cardinals, listening to birds brings me peace. (Oh my goodness, I am my father!)
28. I try to stay just informed enough about world events to realize I live on this planet, but not enough to regret it.
29. I have a goal to finish my education, but in reality not confident enough to really put that goal into motion.
30. I love trees. I think that is because I was surrounded by them as a girl growing up in Maine.
31. I love the way hay smells.
32. Rick and I have a song. "In Your Eyes" . He however has yet to stand under my window with a boom box raised above his head blasting it!
33. I am not an adventurer.
34. I do not like camping but somehow I am going to girls' camp for the 2nd year in a row. I don't think technically I can call it camping because I bring an air conditioned trailer to sleep in.
35. Rain is amazing to listen to.
36. I am not good in a crisis or anything remotely stressful.
37. My kids teeth have to be pulled by Ginger.
38. I love horses. When I go running, I pass a horse farm. I never tire of seeing them.
39. When asked to do something I give it my best shot.
40. I have a good sense of humor and I really crack myself up late at night.
41. I love getting together with my family and playing card games. My mom is so competitive that she is usually kicked out of the game.
42. I like a good looking man! (private joke between me and my family)
43. I will never be skinny because the cards are stacked against me. Pasta and bread are some of my best friends. I do the best with the cards I have been dealt. It would be so much easier if my body craved carrots, apples, brussel sprouts etc.
44. My actual best friend (besides sisters) would be Ginger. She just lets me be!
45. My guilty pleasure is Gilmore Girls.
46. I wait until TV shows are on DVD before I watch them. I really like Prison Break.
47. Patience is not one of my virtues! I am scared to pray for more because last time I did, I had twins!!
48. I have had one panic attack in my life and I do not care to repeat that.
49. I am someone plagued with headaches. (not helpful when you are working on patience)
50. I wish I could cook. I am a little intimidated because my husband is so good. Give him a bag of greens and some spices and you will be into a taste bud delight. He seriously just throws things together and a gourmet meal ensues. I follow a recipe to the tee and seldom does it look like the picture. I always have a goal to cook more.
51. I am a great typist.
52. My mom thinks I am a great poet and asks for a new poem every time it is her birthday, mother's day, Christmas. Lucky for me she is so blinded my motherly pride, the bar isn't set that high.
53. I wish I was more confident.
54. I hardly ever wear the first outfit I try on.
55. I am opinionated but often keep them to myself.
56. My tears keep me from bearing my testimony as often as I should.
57. I hate flying. That might keep me from my Ireland goal.
58. My husband is the shopper in the family (clothing).
59. I am a procrastinator. I work better when I am under the gun.
60. Speaking of guns, I am terrified of them but happen to be married to a lover of guns.
61. I do not want a concealed carry permit, but may be forced to get one.
62. Do not touch me with your feet. I am a major podophobe.
63. I do not like neighbors. I prefer to live in the country. Can you say antisocial?
64. This may sound odd coming from a New England girl, but I am not a fan of cold. I get frostbite just thinking about it.
65. I am a jealous person
66. I take immense pride in my kids.
67. I have arachnophobia.
68. I am a screamer. Cold water, spiders, loud claps of thunder,
69. I like things clean and orderly. My house is a little too small to have this always be the case. But we try.
70. I like my hair and eyes.
71. I have my father's ribcage which quite frankly he could have kept to himself!!
72. Never had braces.
73. I have two girls (13 months apart) and twin boys (2 minutes apart). If I placed an order for my perfect family that would have been it. The 70 pounds gained while pregnant with the twins wasn't actually part of the order.
74. Hospital smells make me want to pass out.
75. When I saw a man with a peg leg, my leg started hurting so bad. I mentioned that I am extremely empathetic.
76. I am the 2nd of six kids and Ellie is and was a tough act to follow.
77. I pulled a Jonah one time in my life and just like Jonah I didn't get away with it. Testimony to me that you cannot hide from the Lord.
78. I have an armadillo that I would like to see bodily harm come to. I don't say this lightly. I have tried everything humanly possible, live trap, moth balls, cayenne pepper, having the boys mark their territory (need I say more) but he continues to tear up my lovely garden. Now I am like, Rick shoot it!!!
79. I am 36 years old and not one white hair!
80. My favorite flowers are tulips and I think a field full of tulips is a pinch me kind of moment.
81. Libraries are underutilized.
82. I would like to volunteer in the community more.
83. I have many good intentions that never reach fruition.
84. Carrot cake in my humble opinion is the staff of life!-- (it has carrots)
85. Men in pink freak me out.
86. I love the dresses they wore in Elizabethan times. They are very forgiving of a full figure.
87. I do not wear a lot of jewelry and yes I am Cindi's child.
88. Milking cows and driving an old John Deere tractor are some of my best memories growing up a dairy farmers' daughter.
89. Seeing the dairy farms of today makes me very sad.
90. I love finding a kindred spirit.
91. I am inspired by women who have a strong testimony and love the Lord. I want to be that for others.
92. Having a prophet lead me is such a gift.
93. Being a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the best parenting guide you could ask for.
94. I want the Holy Ghost to be my constant companion.
95. If you looked in my medicine cabinet, you would see a shocking amount of Excedrin. I did mention the headaches.
96. A good cry is so therapeutic luck for me I have that covered.
97. Starting my day with scriptures makes it a good day.
98. If I could be anything in this life, I would be a mother that my kids look back and say 'that'll do pig that'll do.
99. Coming up with a 100 things is hard!!
100. Being married for all eternity is my greatest blessing. Rick may have his doubts some days but all in all I am a delight to be shackled with.
1. I am a huge sap!
2. I am a wife and love it.
3. I am a mom and love it.
4. I want to be a better wife and mother.
5. Christmas is my favorite holiday, and I am of the belief that Christmas music should be listened to year round.
6. Music moves me, I listen to it all day.
7. Reading is my favorite thing to do.
8. Huge Jane Austen fan. I have all her books and also have them on DVD. I reread her novels every year.
9. I am a huge romantic.
10. I am pretty competitive.
11. I am pretty insecure, so it helps that I have a husband that tells me how beautiful I am. Even when I don't believe it, he is so sincere that I find myself changing my mind and thinking wow he's right!
12. I am guilty of taking offense to easy. Probably the reason that Pahoran is my favorite guy in the scriptures and the book Peacegiver is one of my favorite books.
13. Always rooting for the underdog. I hate to see anyone hurt, left out etc.
14. Empathetic to a fault.
15. I cannot read the Friend without crying
16. Have three sisters. My sisters are such wonderful friends and I am so fortunate to have them in my life. (two great brothers too)
17. I have great role models for parents.
18. I would like to run a marathon sometime!
19. I enjoy running (most days)
20. Working out has been a part of my life for the past 14 years.
21. I need to be more grateful
22. I need to be less prideful (21 and 22 go hand in hand)
23. I am obsessed with all things Irish. I would love to go there someday, but I have it so built up in my head that I am sure to be disappointed. I just want to sit in a pub and listen to them sing all day, but in reality I am sure it would be filled with smoke and drunken old men singing entirely off key if they sing at all.
24. Generosity is a strength of mine.
25. I try and see something good in everyone.
26. I love working with dirt and planting things--watching them grow.
27. Sitting on my porch and watching cardinals, listening to birds brings me peace. (Oh my goodness, I am my father!)
28. I try to stay just informed enough about world events to realize I live on this planet, but not enough to regret it.
29. I have a goal to finish my education, but in reality not confident enough to really put that goal into motion.
30. I love trees. I think that is because I was surrounded by them as a girl growing up in Maine.
31. I love the way hay smells.
32. Rick and I have a song. "In Your Eyes" . He however has yet to stand under my window with a boom box raised above his head blasting it!
33. I am not an adventurer.
34. I do not like camping but somehow I am going to girls' camp for the 2nd year in a row. I don't think technically I can call it camping because I bring an air conditioned trailer to sleep in.
35. Rain is amazing to listen to.
36. I am not good in a crisis or anything remotely stressful.
37. My kids teeth have to be pulled by Ginger.
38. I love horses. When I go running, I pass a horse farm. I never tire of seeing them.
39. When asked to do something I give it my best shot.
40. I have a good sense of humor and I really crack myself up late at night.
41. I love getting together with my family and playing card games. My mom is so competitive that she is usually kicked out of the game.
42. I like a good looking man! (private joke between me and my family)
43. I will never be skinny because the cards are stacked against me. Pasta and bread are some of my best friends. I do the best with the cards I have been dealt. It would be so much easier if my body craved carrots, apples, brussel sprouts etc.
44. My actual best friend (besides sisters) would be Ginger. She just lets me be!
45. My guilty pleasure is Gilmore Girls.
46. I wait until TV shows are on DVD before I watch them. I really like Prison Break.
47. Patience is not one of my virtues! I am scared to pray for more because last time I did, I had twins!!
48. I have had one panic attack in my life and I do not care to repeat that.
49. I am someone plagued with headaches. (not helpful when you are working on patience)
50. I wish I could cook. I am a little intimidated because my husband is so good. Give him a bag of greens and some spices and you will be into a taste bud delight. He seriously just throws things together and a gourmet meal ensues. I follow a recipe to the tee and seldom does it look like the picture. I always have a goal to cook more.
51. I am a great typist.
52. My mom thinks I am a great poet and asks for a new poem every time it is her birthday, mother's day, Christmas. Lucky for me she is so blinded my motherly pride, the bar isn't set that high.
53. I wish I was more confident.
54. I hardly ever wear the first outfit I try on.
55. I am opinionated but often keep them to myself.
56. My tears keep me from bearing my testimony as often as I should.
57. I hate flying. That might keep me from my Ireland goal.
58. My husband is the shopper in the family (clothing).
59. I am a procrastinator. I work better when I am under the gun.
60. Speaking of guns, I am terrified of them but happen to be married to a lover of guns.
61. I do not want a concealed carry permit, but may be forced to get one.
62. Do not touch me with your feet. I am a major podophobe.
63. I do not like neighbors. I prefer to live in the country. Can you say antisocial?
64. This may sound odd coming from a New England girl, but I am not a fan of cold. I get frostbite just thinking about it.
65. I am a jealous person
66. I take immense pride in my kids.
67. I have arachnophobia.
68. I am a screamer. Cold water, spiders, loud claps of thunder,
69. I like things clean and orderly. My house is a little too small to have this always be the case. But we try.
70. I like my hair and eyes.
71. I have my father's ribcage which quite frankly he could have kept to himself!!
72. Never had braces.
73. I have two girls (13 months apart) and twin boys (2 minutes apart). If I placed an order for my perfect family that would have been it. The 70 pounds gained while pregnant with the twins wasn't actually part of the order.
74. Hospital smells make me want to pass out.
75. When I saw a man with a peg leg, my leg started hurting so bad. I mentioned that I am extremely empathetic.
76. I am the 2nd of six kids and Ellie is and was a tough act to follow.
77. I pulled a Jonah one time in my life and just like Jonah I didn't get away with it. Testimony to me that you cannot hide from the Lord.
78. I have an armadillo that I would like to see bodily harm come to. I don't say this lightly. I have tried everything humanly possible, live trap, moth balls, cayenne pepper, having the boys mark their territory (need I say more) but he continues to tear up my lovely garden. Now I am like, Rick shoot it!!!
79. I am 36 years old and not one white hair!
80. My favorite flowers are tulips and I think a field full of tulips is a pinch me kind of moment.
81. Libraries are underutilized.
82. I would like to volunteer in the community more.
83. I have many good intentions that never reach fruition.
84. Carrot cake in my humble opinion is the staff of life!-- (it has carrots)
85. Men in pink freak me out.
86. I love the dresses they wore in Elizabethan times. They are very forgiving of a full figure.
87. I do not wear a lot of jewelry and yes I am Cindi's child.
88. Milking cows and driving an old John Deere tractor are some of my best memories growing up a dairy farmers' daughter.
89. Seeing the dairy farms of today makes me very sad.
90. I love finding a kindred spirit.
91. I am inspired by women who have a strong testimony and love the Lord. I want to be that for others.
92. Having a prophet lead me is such a gift.
93. Being a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the best parenting guide you could ask for.
94. I want the Holy Ghost to be my constant companion.
95. If you looked in my medicine cabinet, you would see a shocking amount of Excedrin. I did mention the headaches.
96. A good cry is so therapeutic luck for me I have that covered.
97. Starting my day with scriptures makes it a good day.
98. If I could be anything in this life, I would be a mother that my kids look back and say 'that'll do pig that'll do.
99. Coming up with a 100 things is hard!!
100. Being married for all eternity is my greatest blessing. Rick may have his doubts some days but all in all I am a delight to be shackled with.


Comments