Gracie 7/4/12 to 9/9/26

She was the perfect snuggle size

She loved Jack and would clean his teeth every morning. He would growl the whole time but he let her

She just had the cutest teddy bear face

The last week she has wanted me to pick her up and put her on the couch and sit close and pet her.  She has not done that for a long time.  She usually is hiding out.  Not sure what changed or if she just needed comfort for not feeling very well. 



This is after her first haircut and when they took her back she had all this black and tan puppy hair and I was shocked when they brought her back to me.  

After her knee surgery.  I did not get much sleep for a couple days!



She was the cutest puppy ever and so sweet


Gracie always had a soft spot for Caden and he did her.  Thankfully he was here the last seven months and he doted on her.  She started to really go down hill after he left. I wonder if that had something to do with it

You can see her little head peeking out while we play cards


 
Gracie wore antlers to be in the woodland theme for Kayla's baby shower for Grey

Caden saying goodbye before his mission

She loved sitting on laps and quite enjoyed mom's visit







She loved Paul and would put her one little paw up on his leg like she was claiming him!

Our sweet Gracie girl was put to sleep today.  When Morgan left for college I think I felt a void or just the sense that my life was changing as my kids were growing and needing me less.  I felt the need to nurture something and so Gracie joined our family.  She was a complete doll and so sweet. She did have the little terrier side and was a bit food aggressive and would bark and go crazy when we came to other dogs on walks even if they were way bigger than she was.  She has been such a joy to have in our home and we will miss her so much.  I, of course, could not be here and so left with the other dogs.  I loved her this morning and said my goodbyes.  Rick was with her and although she had no idea and it was very gentle it was hard on Rick.  I am grateful he will do this part even though I am the one that gets the dogs.  I think I am done with these two I have.  You just forget about this part of it when you get the puppy.  It is so hard to see them decline.  My kids loved the movie All Dogs Go to Heaven and I am comforted telling myself that she woke up and was greeted by Jack, and my dad and Dave:)

Comments

Popular Posts