Family History



Emma and Katherines gma made a video about the sweet rolls and the history 



 The girls wanted to do a family history research/recipe night. I thought that maybe they wouldn't come through since it's family history. But they all made a family recipe and brought stories about their ancestors which I thought was amazing. It was a super fun night. I researched Mary Dunster, which is my third Grandmother on my mom side there was a fascinating five chapter story written by Susa Young Gates, who was Brigham  Young 's daughter. Apparently Mary worked for her when she finally got to America and told her her story and Susa recorded it. I loved how when you read about these histories, the people became more than just a name or a face on a page, but they became real, living people who had fascinating  lives who had struggles and triumphs, just like we do now, but it made them seem very alive and real. I want to try and look up the person I am going to the temple for each time and see if there is any written histories or memories about that person so that I can think about them a little better when I am doing the work for them rather than just their name! 

Comments

Popular Posts