Weekend Happenings
Saturday morning Rick and I met up with some ward members to clean the church which is always a good time! We went to our favorite fish place for lunch before we started our fasts and then around 3 we headed to the temple to meet up with our ward. We had 11 couples come and it was nice. I don't usually go at night or on the weekend so our crowd was a much younger group and it was so nice to see these young couples using their date night to attend the temple. Rick went through for Joseph C Marinello on his dad's side and has he was printing the card he had the distinct impression that Joseph was ready and excited for his work to be done. Rick had done his initiatories a couple weeks earlier.
Then yesterday our fast and testimony was so good. A lot of testimony of the blessings of priesthood power being restored and how we all benefit so much from that. Then one of our sweet sister missionaries got up to say farewell and she finished her mission and goes home tomorrow. She said it has gone by so fast and has been the best and hardest thing she has ever done. I really love that girl! Anyway at the end a girl that was sitting by her got up and said " I am not a member of this church but I moved into an apartment a year ago and was a 21 year old girl living on my own for the first time. These girls have been my neighbors and they have blessed my life. We have become best friends and I am sad every time one of them moves on or goes home, but when I do get baptized I hope all of these girls will come! It was so sweet.
I loved this weeks come follow me and the parables shared. I have always loved the prodigal son and it is so neat to read it from the perspective of the father, the oldest son, and the younger son. I learned some things this time around which touched me and then in our class someone made the comment that just hit me. He said "leaving Him will always bring a famine". I think that when you walk away from faith no matter the reason, you will feel a loss, and sometimes this feeling is what will bring them to themselves as it did this younger son.
Last night the youth had a communications fireside they wanted both parents to attend, so Rick and I were asked to man the nursery. We had 11 kids and not too bad for having them in a small room for an hour and a half!
This week I get Grey today-Wednesday and then Thursday Rick and I are going to the concert hall to watch To Kill a Mockingbird. It is not a musical but a play and it is supposed to be amazing! Then Saturday we fly to Boston!


Comments