 |
| Blake loves to get Max pics and I thought this was a cute one |
 |
| He used to always sleep like this as a baby and he hasn't done it for a while but he fell asleep with his arms behind his head. |
 |
| He loves me to put this blanket in the dryer for a few minutes and then cover him with it all toasty. |
 |
| We froze several of his cars in containers and then he worked on breaking them free. |
Grey did his weekly visit and it got dark Tuesday night and it had some lightening. He wanted to open the garage door and sit and watch. He went around to Rick's side of the truck and sat down he said I am going to say a prayer. He didn't want me to watch him, but he asked to keep us safe and to watch over certain people. It was so sweet. Then he looked up and there was only one star in the sky. I taught him Star light star bright first star I see tonight and we made a wish.
Last night Mary a sweet little girl from Bulgaria and is being adopted here had drawn some sweet pictures of Jesus and children just with a pencil and it was really good but simple. After the other girls shared their digital art and other art that was complex, you saw Mary hide hers and not want to show them. That made me sad and made me realize how often we do that. Then her sister Rya said you now I am not good like these girls but I express myself in other ways. It made me think of how often we put ourselves down or do hide our light because we think it is not as bright as someone else's. Grey and I watched an episode of Bluey, an Australian cartoon about a dog family, an episode entitled Baby Race. It depicts motherhood and how when Bluey was a baby she rolled super early and at the mother's group everyone was saying how amazing it was and the mom was so proud but then Bluey stopped progressing and the other little pups started to sit up, crawl, and walk while Bluey struggled. The mom went to the doctor a few times and he assured her all was ok and they all did things on their own time. She started feeling so bad at the playgroup that she decided not to go. A poodle mom came by and told her she had missed her at the group and took out a picture of her and her nine children. She looked at the mom and said I want to tell you something, "you are doing a good job". The little mom started crying but decided that day that she would run her own race. She stopped being concerned about comparing her baby to others and the little pup asked did Bluey every walk, and she said she did and the little pup asked what made her do it and the mom said I don't know and the little pup said ,she must have seen something she wanted and the video showed her walking toward her mommy with her hands held up. I mean tears! This episode started with Bluey doing the monkey bars and trying to have her mom say that she could do it better than so and so and the mom told her to just run her own race and Bluey asked what she meant by that and the mom told her that story. I am so guilty of this and compare myself to everyone else in everything and of course find myself lacking but I need to remember that my race is just mine. I just need to keep running it and doing my best and compare myself to my old self and see the growth that is there.
Show Less
Comments