Temple Thursday




 So my two little ladies that I usually take could not go on the days that I could go.  One was traveling for the month of May and one was having surgery and doctor appointments so I was thinking about going down yesterday by myself but then a sister posted on group me that she was going to go to the 9 am session and would love company,  That meant getting up at 5 to meet her at 6 for our drive down.  I had not met this sister before but we had a great time getting to know each other on the 2 hour drive coming and going.  She is one of three kids and her husband has stepped away from the church since 2019.  She has two children and she faithfully comes and tries to get to the temple once a month.  She goes to the early session so that she can be home to pick up kids after school.  She said that she told them that they had signed up for church together when they got married and though he has stepped away for the time, she would not.  She has faith that he will figure it out and make his way back.  

This morning in my study we were discussing the talk Jesus Christ is the Relief and they shared a story about a sister being in Kohls and hearing a large crash.  She runs over to the sound and there is an older lady surrounded by broken glass and she is down trying to pick it up.  A group had gathered and were kind of watching and this sister got down with her and started to pick up the broken pieces and told her it was ok!  A worker came and said oh you don't need to worry about this we will clean it up and she said but I feel like I should pay for the damage and he said oh we have insurance for this.  Leave it and we will clean it up.  Then they said don't you love that this is what the Savior says to us when we sit amongst our broken pieces, you have insurance for this, I have already taken care of it and will clean it up!  Anyway I love that we can see Jesus even in everyday life and mishaps at Kohls.

I have been trying to see his hand in my life more and recognize those moments.  A couple days ago, I was leaving my neighborhood and turning right.  There was a white van coming but he turned on his blinker indicating that he was going to pull into my neighborhood and so I was going to pull out.  I had a very clear thought to wait because maybe there was a car behind it that I could not see.  I waited and sure enough as the van pulled into the turn lane a car was there going 60 miles an hour.  Had a pulled out I would have been hit.  It made me think how often we are protected from all sorts of harm or mishaps during the day that we don't even think about attributing to the watch care of our Heavenly Father.  

Comments

Popular Posts