Thoughts From My Study This Week

 I wanted to remember and record a couple things I learned this week.  One was in Jude 1:12 He says clouds without water.  When you think about times when you are in drought and you see clouds afar off and coming towards you with the promise of rain, you anticipate that with joy, knowing that your plants, the earth will be replenished and made green and lush.  Here he is saying these clouds have no rain.  I thought about the influencers of today that so many people follow and get their information from that really are clouds without rain.  They do not lead you to truth and you do not get the nourishment and replenishment you need for your body and soul to grow and flourish.  Only through the scriptures and prayers and turning to the Savior for your answers will you not be left parched and wanting.  He goes on to say "that there would be mockers in the last time, who should walk after their own ungodly lusts.  These be they who separate themselves, sensual, having not the Spirit.  He asks us to keep yourselves in the love of God looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life.  He ends his one chapter with the beautiful words " to the only wise God our Savior, be glory and majesty, dominion and power both now and ever.  ( the cloud with rain always)

Also a quote was shared that made me think of my time differently.  I often protect my time and don't want to have it infringed on unless it suits me.  This quote made me want to think differently especially with callings and service.  "In the temple, I promise to consecrate everything to God.  Part of this promise is financial.  I promise, for instance, to consecrate my money.  But in the end the law of consecration isn't about money--it's about time. by working, I convert my time into money.  Money is just time made fungible.  In the end, the only thing I have to give is my time.  If I cling to it, time will ruin me.  If I think of my time as my own, then every unchosen obligation will feel like theft.  Every call to give my time will feel like I'm being robbed of what ought to have been mine.  I'll roll out of bed every morning expecting to do as I please instead of looking to serve.  Occasions for care will look like failures to succeed.  Quiet moments will look like boredom.  Ordinary work will look like a waste of time.  The only way to be saved from this ruin is to return this time to Christ.  The only way to care for time is to give it away. " Adam Miller "An Early Resurrection:  Life in Christ before You Die

Heading out for our anniversary dinner with the Schoenrocks. 


Comments

bethouhumble said…
That is a very interesting quote on time. I’ve never heard of this guy so looked him up. I have interacted with some people who guard their time as very much their own and his observations seem on point. I have always tried to give my all to my callings but I don’t know if I have done so with the pure intent of consecration. My motivation has always been my patriarchal blessing but I love this perspective! I will mull this over!!

Popular Posts