 |
| This boy was so excited to go on his first airplane ride and to go to the beach. He had his own backpack and suitcase that he was pretty good about lugging going and coming! |
 |
| We rented a house right on the beach in Destin, Florida. This was so great because we could come and go and not have to pack up our stuff since it was private. |
 |
| He was up the earliest every day so I would take him down and he would just play in the sand until the others woke up for breakfast. |

 |
| Grey usually is not a good sleeper but the beach wore him out. He took a two hour nap everyday and also slept from around 10 - 7 every night. Of course, he was in the middle of Rick and I. |
 |
| Ivy wanted me to hold her whenever possible and Grey always needed to know where I was at all times. I went to the bathroom once and heard little hands knocking on the door. I opened it and Grey and Ivy were both just standing there waiting for me. |
 |
The jelly fish were bad a couple days and they would sting you but the sting didn't last very long. Grey got it the first day and so he was hesitant to get in the water very deep. The last day there weren't any and so that was our favorite water day.
|
I could not have asked for this trip to have gone any better (except for the flight home). I was worried that Grey night not sleep well or that he might miss his mom, but he was so good. He had a few grumpy times but once he took his nap, he was back to being delightful. The place we stayed had a private beach so we could come and go all day. We played spike ball, volleyball, had a bonfire where we did hotdogs and s'mores, paddle boarded, skim boarded, played skull king, etc. We just had the best time and I loved seeing my children all hanging out together and just laughing and enjoying life! Yesterday, we left the rental at 9:30 and spent a long day at the airport as our flights were either cancelled or delayed which then made our connection flight not work and so it was a long day for Grey and he had moments of break downs. He did not want to go home and tried all day to make me tell him that he wasn't going home but was coming to my house. He fell asleep on the drive from the airport to his house so Rick just carried him in and put him in his bed so there wasn't any scene! Today Rick and I celebrate 30 years of marriage. I loved seeing this year in with all my children and grandchildren. I think we will try and do a family reunion every couple years!
Comments