Caden's Homecoming Talk



Caden has always loved cookie cake and these Samoa bundt cakes so I woke up at 5 this morning to get them made and to put the pork in the crockpot.





Taylor and Wyatt changed clothes before I got a picture!








Invited the missionaries for lunch



Caden gave his talk today and we were able to send out the link so family could watch.  He did an amazing job and the spirit was strong.  He focused on our Savior and his love for us.  He shared the lyrics to. song he would listen to on his mission and also a couple poems Rick had sent him in his email. He mentioned how the other missionaries were jealous of his dad's emails.  Rick always tried to send something motivational.  

In Christ alone, my hope is found
He is my light, my strength, my song
This cornerstone, this solid groud
Firm through the fiercest drought and storm

What heights of love, what depths of peace
When fears are stilled, when strivings cease
My comforter, my all-in-all
Here in the love of Christ I stand

There in the ground His body lay
Light of the world by darkness slain
Then bursting forth in glorious day
Up from the grave He rose again!
And as He stands in victory
Sin's curse has lost its grip on my
For I am His and He is mine
Bought with the precious blood of Christ

No guilt in life, no fear in death
This is the power of Christ in me
From life's first cry to final breath
Jesus commands my destiny
No power of hell, no scheme of man
Can ever pluck me from His hand
Till He returns or calls me home
Here in the power of Christ I'll stand

Invictus – by William Emest Henley (23 August 1849 – 11 July 1903)

Out of the night that covers me,
Black as the Pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be
For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but the horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds, and shall find me, unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishment the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.


The Soul’s Captain – by Orson F. Whitney (LDS Apostle April 9, 1906-16 May 1931)

Art thou in truth? Then what of Him

Who bought thee with His blood?
Who plunged into devouring seas
And snatched thee from the flood,

Who bore for all our fallen race
What none but Him could bear–
That God who died that man might live
And endless glory share.

Of what avail thy vaunted strength
Apart from His vast might?
Pray that His light may pierce the gloom
That thou mayest see aright.

Men are as bubbles on the wave,
As leaves upon the tree,
Thou, captain of thy soul! Forsooth,
Who gave that place to thee?

Free will is thine- free agency,
To wield for right or wrong;
But thou must answer unto Him
To whom all souls belong.

Bend to the dust that “head unbowed,”
Small part of life’s great whole,
And see in Him and Him alone,
The captain of thy soul.


He shared the story of Riatu's conversion and how he saw her change through her Savior.  He was emotional a few times 
which is not typical Caden and it even surprised him.  We have had lots of texts from people telling us how much they love 
his talk and he was told in person. It was so good to see his testimony and to feel his love for his Savior.  
We came home and had lunch and visited with the missionaries and the 
Schoenrocks.  It was a grand day!


Comments

bethouhumble said…
I didn't know about his talk. I saw the link Sunday afternoon after it was all over. Bummed we missed it. Sounds like it was wonderful.
Daniels Six said…
I should have texted you. They sent the link out super late Saturday night.

Popular Posts