Mending Fences
I sent Kayla's mom a text yesterday to see if it would be ok if Ginger and I threw Kayla a baby shower. She was very grateful and said that would be very appreciated. Then she added that we all needed to go to lunch or dinner and have a talk about "the blessing that is coming into our lives". I loved that she referred to this little guy as a blessing, because it was hard to see that at first.
Ginger and I are doing a woodland theme baby shower and I will just send invites to some sisters in the ward. Several people know about the situation and have just been so wonderful. I have not felt judged once. It has helped in my own healing process. Blake has felt loved and not looked down on and I think that has been a huge blessing for him. I have seen a softening in him lately. He is so much easier to be around. He isn't confrontational and he a few times has been the one to call us together for family prayer/scriptures. When I see men he loves and admires approach him at church often with a big side hug and converse with him, it just makes me so grateful. Ellie shared something with me that she was reading in 3 Nephi 18 about not casting people out of our places of worship since "we know not but what they will return and repent, and come unto me with full purpose of heart, and I shall heal them. She said she was struck if you replace places of worship with family. We all have or will have loved ones in our families who struggle and get pulled off course. The charge to "continue to minister" and not cast him out is what we are asked to do. The Savior will provide the healing and then when they are ready we will be able to be the means of bringing salvation unto them because the love and relationship we need to accomplish will be in place. I loved that. Blake has been loved by our ward family and I think not feeling judged or looked down on as he goes to church has made a huge impact on him. I don't know what the future holds for Blake and Kayla but love seems to be always the answer. If he feels we love him no matter what, he will remember that feeling always and that might be what in the end will aid in the changes he needs to make.
I went to parent-teacher conference for Blake. I have not been to one in years for him, but this is a small school and he only has two teachers. I met with the math/science guy and he was so impressed with Blake. He said he is such a self-assured young man and when he approaches you he is confident and puts out his hand and looks you in the eye when he talks to you. The teacher in English/History called him a charmer. He can be very charming with the ladies for sure. I love that even though he has to battle his thoughts constantly he still has the Blake in there that I know is in there. I told my kids, if he did not have the issues he has, we would see someone who could do mighty things. I really hope he can learn to master it instead of it mastering him as he gets more mature.
Ginger and I are doing a woodland theme baby shower and I will just send invites to some sisters in the ward. Several people know about the situation and have just been so wonderful. I have not felt judged once. It has helped in my own healing process. Blake has felt loved and not looked down on and I think that has been a huge blessing for him. I have seen a softening in him lately. He is so much easier to be around. He isn't confrontational and he a few times has been the one to call us together for family prayer/scriptures. When I see men he loves and admires approach him at church often with a big side hug and converse with him, it just makes me so grateful. Ellie shared something with me that she was reading in 3 Nephi 18 about not casting people out of our places of worship since "we know not but what they will return and repent, and come unto me with full purpose of heart, and I shall heal them. She said she was struck if you replace places of worship with family. We all have or will have loved ones in our families who struggle and get pulled off course. The charge to "continue to minister" and not cast him out is what we are asked to do. The Savior will provide the healing and then when they are ready we will be able to be the means of bringing salvation unto them because the love and relationship we need to accomplish will be in place. I loved that. Blake has been loved by our ward family and I think not feeling judged or looked down on as he goes to church has made a huge impact on him. I don't know what the future holds for Blake and Kayla but love seems to be always the answer. If he feels we love him no matter what, he will remember that feeling always and that might be what in the end will aid in the changes he needs to make.
I went to parent-teacher conference for Blake. I have not been to one in years for him, but this is a small school and he only has two teachers. I met with the math/science guy and he was so impressed with Blake. He said he is such a self-assured young man and when he approaches you he is confident and puts out his hand and looks you in the eye when he talks to you. The teacher in English/History called him a charmer. He can be very charming with the ladies for sure. I love that even though he has to battle his thoughts constantly he still has the Blake in there that I know is in there. I told my kids, if he did not have the issues he has, we would see someone who could do mighty things. I really hope he can learn to master it instead of it mastering him as he gets more mature.


Comments