FHE

I have struggled this last year holding consistent FHE.  It has not been something that certain members of my household enjoy, and so I just have lost my dedication to it and have been hit and miss. But after conference I am ready to recommit.  This morning when I was reading and journaling, I had a thought to print out the same conference talk for everyone on Sunday.  Their responsibility will be to read the talk and come prepared Monday night for a discussion about that talk.  I am really hopeful that this will have them be more invested and take some ownership for our family rather than just me always doing it. This will also allow the spirit of that talk to enter their hearts and be imprinted on their minds.   I study the messages every day in addition to my scripture study, but I have not had my kids do it.  They just hear it on conference weekend and even though they are watching it it is hard to retain and listen to everything and so studying afterward is vital.  Anway this may be a pipe dream, but I am going to introduce it tonight and hopefully, they will all be on board. 
I also felt that I need to increase my temple attendance.  I have had a goal of once a month, but I can go more than that.  Rick cannot often go more than once with his other obligations but most Wednesdays I have nothing on my schedule.  So I am going to attempt to go Wednesday and if Rick is not around then I will invite any sister that might want to join me to come.  It is a 9-10 hour commitment if you do lunch, but I know that I will be blessed and strengthened and that will also bless my family.  I was so excited to start and then noticed my temple is closed for the next two weeks, but I will go this Wednesday to the family history center and have them show me how to get family names.  I have struggled to find any to do.  And the ones I have don't make sense because it shows they need baptism and confirmation but the endowment is done to that just needs to be entered I am sure.   I love how Dallin Oaks reminded us of the power of small and simple things.  I know that my efforts to get to the temple is a small and simple thing but I know that huge blessings will result.
I am so grateful this morning for living prophets.  I was thinking how much peace and comfort I feel knowing that we have watchmen on the tower looking out and spotting danger.  I just need to watch them and take the counsel and warning they give in order to protect myself and those I love.  

Comments

bethouhumble said…
I think this is why I love Conference so much....it's a chance to reevaluate and refocus and to keep on trying! Love your goals! My temple attendance has fallen behind and I have no excuse with the temple being so close!

Popular Posts