Conference and Easter Weekend













Spent yesterday listening to the messages from conference and in between reading a book.  It was a lovely day.  This morning, Rick made us all omelets for breakfast and then we settled in to watch Sunday mornings session.  Loved the talks all weekend, but what stood out to me is how vital our relationship with the Holy Ghost is and how we need to work at not only seeking him but responding to him and as we do then we will be much more able to receive personal revelation and discern when evil is around us or when we are confronted with  lies disguised as truth.  I know that I need to make a greater effort and pray fervently to feel the spirit with me each and every day. It seems we have lost quite a few families lately from my previous ward in Temple.  It has been so disheartening to see these good families succumb to the worlds' views and they have let go of the rod.  Maybe they never had a solid hold on the rod, but a couple of the wives are returned missionaries so you would think at some point they had a relationship and knew how to receive guidance and inspiration from the Spirit.  Whenever I hear of another leaving, it just makes me determined to do the small and simple things.

In between sessions we had dinner which consisted of prime rib, mashed potatoes with mushroom gravy, rolls, salad, and a few different dessert choices,  Rice Krispie treats, strawberry cupcakes and chocolate pie.  We are stuffed and looking forward to the final session!  

Comments

bethouhumble said…
Sounds like a lovely weekend and the food looked so yummy. I didn't even think of serving an Easter meal! I didn't even think about it afterwards until reading your blog! Conference traditions trumped I guess. Nobody said anything so I guess I'm off the hook. I did think about our traditional April Fools dinner but decided against it. I guess we don't have a traditional Easter meal so maybe that's why it didn't come to mind!

Popular Posts