Morgan and I donned our Christmas Pj's and watched a hallmark movie.  During the movie, we had a real live hallmark moment when we had a ding dong at our door and opened it to find about fifteen carolers singing us two Christmas songs and dropping off a plate of cookies and fudge.  So cute.  The kids were all in their Christmas Pjs.




Morgan and I made gingerbread cookies and they are so good!

Jack has been in absolute heaven with Morgan.  She will let him snuggle up with her and sleep with her.  This is a luxury for him since I will not do it because he sheds so much!


Friday we went to Star Wars and to Torchy's tacos.  Blake opted out of our fun!


Selfie Sunday.  Our sacrament program was amazing with song and scripture.  We had organ, piano, violins and a dulcimer group from Sun City.  The final hymn was never sung so loud or so well by our congregation since we were joined by all the musicians and it was amazing. 

Morgan taught us a fun game called Lucky duck!

Opening up the stockings and one gift.  Caden got a mat to practice his flips on.  He was using an old twin mattress so this is an improvement.  Blake got a grappling hook to fling over trees, buildings, cliffs etc to climb up and down on.  Morgan needed new running sneakers.  


Rick worked Christmas Eve so this is him joining us around 8 am. He actually made it home before any kids were up.

Morgan was the first kid awake.

followed by Caden.


Blake has always been my most excited about Christmas and always wakes up the earliest.  This year we actually had to go get him at 8:30.  He is just not my same kid and I will admit it makes me sad. 

Morgan and Caden putting together the fruit salad for dinner.

Paul and Rick finishing the last minute prep for our amazing Christmas dinner


Ginger had cute ornaments with scriptures that we each took turns and read before we started eating.

Rick sporting his new BYU jacket his mom sent him.







Another Christmas has come and gone.  This one was a little different since we didn't have our Lexi with us.  This was her first Christmas that she was away from home. She was spoiled by Levi's family so that was nice.   The highlights for me was having Morgan home, our musical sacrament meeting, Christmas dinner at Schoenrocks, and going to see the Greatest Showman.   We will meet up with Lexi and Levi in Colorado on January 1-5 for a quick ski trip and I am so looking forward to that.
We sadly had two members of our ward die right before Christmas so Rick has been busy visiting with the wives and planning the funerals.  Tonight we went to the viewing for one of the men and then a trip to the hospital to see one of our sisters battling cancer.  She was hospitalized with  an infection.  Tomorrow we will have the funeral at 2, missionaries for dinner at 5 and then the 2nd viewing at 6:30.

Comments

bethouhumble said…
It's nice to have a daughter around to do those types of thi vs with. I'm sure it seemed different without Lexi. I'm glad you get to meet up with her soon. I can't believe Blake! I have when they grow out of excitement
bethouhumble said…
I hate when they grow out of the excitement of Christmas. I still have that for awhile and now grandchildren will keep it going! You'll have it again!

Popular Posts