But for the grace of God go I.

I remember a talk given by Elder Holland where he used that line and I thought of that when I received an email from the tennis coach.  She and the tennis team have adopted a family and the details are three children 8, 5, 3 and a baby who will be born in a couple months.   The counselor said she has been in the apartment and all they have is an old ripped up couch.  No beds, no table, nothing.  When asked the mom said they could use air mattresses, all bathroom items, any furniture at all, the little kids all mentioned one thing they like and also shoe size and the mom requested socks for them all.  I just have been so emotional all day thinking of this little family.  I look around my home and I just am overwhelmed with all of my blessings.   My kids have never known hunger or want.  I have never known hunger or want.  This is just one little family of probably countless that live in abject poverty.  The sweet little children it seriously just breaks my heart.  I am so grateful that this little family will be taken care of in a small way this Christmas.  The coach is collecting money and then the kids will meet her at the store to buy the items and wrap them.  I just love that they are doing this!

Comments

bethouhumble said…
It is overwhelming when you start to see all the needs. Brittany was taking care of a young girl in her apartment building and now that she's gone I wonder what is happening with her. So sad!

Popular Posts