Serenada Ward Relief Society Christmas Dinner
What a fabulous night and beautiful weather for the ladies to walk from house to house. We started out at Pat's house and she had it decorated lovely and she was so excited to be asked. She doesn't come very often but she went to all the houses with us and enjoyed herself. My house was the main meal and thankfully Rick was my right-hand man. He kept everything warm and ready for when we made it to our house. Blake took Jack away for that time which was nice. Gracie stayed but she doesn't bark or get in the way when food it around. The food was amazing and after they finished we walked to Marian's house for dessert and a quick message about making time in our lives for what matters most and then I had asked five of our beautiful singers to sing us a song. I had never heard it before and it was chill producing. It is so good, they are going to do it for our sacrament meeting Christmas Eve. Anyway, we had around 32 ladies come which is a huge turnout for our ward. It was just a nice relaxing time to enjoy each other. Now off to make the decor for our Ward Fiesta Party. I also have two projects plus my normal school load this week, so I need to knock that out and then I can pretty much coast the next few weeks until the final. I am excited to start the LIght the World project. Just thinking about it made me look for ways to serve. Rick and I were in Sams yesterday and as we walked out a lady with super high heels was pushing this cart loaded with drinks and snacks for her office. We were parked close and so I asked her, would you like some help loading all that into your car. She, with a big smile, said she sure wouldn't turn us down. It took just a few minutes with all three of us. She was so appreciative and it was simple! I told Rick when you look for service opportunities they are all around. I get a chance to serve a sister in our ward today and next Wednesday. She is having chemo and radiation every day and we get to take her to her appointments. It is hard to see her so sick. She has the prettiest smile and thick beautiful hair. Her hair is falling out but she still manages to smile through it all.






Comments