Mt Bonnell
I have been invited to join some gals lately for lunch and some activity. The introvert in me is always hesitant, but yesterday I decided to join them even though I have two huge papers due this week and I am the class discussion leader. Carrie (blonde) moved into our ward just over a year ago. She is a people person and she goes goes goes. She travels extensively and is up for anything. She has five children, but only one that is active. She is our Young Women's President, Ann Perry has been in the ward for 14 years and in this area for a long time. She and I have been visiting teach companions for the entire time I have been here. By the looks of our same exact pose, we are morphing into one. Ann's youngest son just got married Saturday. She is very active and loves to go as well. Taryn is also new to our ward and she joined the church when she was 16. She had a very hard childhood with a single mom who was an alcoholic and where there was a lot of neglect. Finally the father who was also an alcoholic but functioning took the kids in when she was around 12. She has five children. It was nice to visit over lunch and get to know the ladies a bit. We talked about parenting, struggles joys etc. Asked, received, and gave advice. Laughed! Mindy who is our new RS president usually joins but she was sick. She is a hoot! After lunch we headed to Mt Bonnell where you climb a bunch of stairs and then you are able to look over the city of Austin. There was a winding river and all of these massive homes along the water. I just cannot imagine the amount of money some people have to live like that. Sandra Bullock has her home there so you can just imagine. We were gone for five hours and I told Rick I enjoyed it but it also wore me out, not physically but mentally. I think if I join them more, it will be easier! Rick spent the day working on the car. Blake ran into a curve and totally bent the tire and frame of the car. Rick replaced all the broken pieces, but it is still bent, so that means the frame is bent. We are not sure how much that will cost to fix. Needless to say, Blake is working for Rick on the property for the next several months and his birthday gift will be nothing this year as any money usually spent will be going to pay off whatever this costs. He was driving with a friend and was not paying attention. So he will get to drive to seminary, school, and church and that is it for the next six month probation. I hope it can be fixed without costing more than the car is worth! For now, I am back driving them around. I was so loving not doing that! We really need to get Caden working on getting his license so we can bench Blake for a while!


Comments