Seriously not our week for cars!








Friday morning the boys head off to school and they were gone for about three minutes when I get a call from Caden saying they had been in an accident.  Of course, my heart races and I ask if anyone is hurt.  He said they were fine they ran into a mailbox.  I am thinking how bad can it be, so I say well just drive back here and I will check it out.  He informs me that the car is not driveable.  Thankfully I had taught seminary that morning so I was already showered and dressed so I could just run out the door.  They seriously hit the most durable stone mailbox in the entire neighborhood.  The car was a mess and leaking fluid.  The gear stick was just all lose and you couldn't even put it in neutral.  Thankfully a sweet older couple had heard what seemed like a bomb going off and they were out with the boys and helping to get the debri somewhat off the road.  Another gentlemen stopped and pushed the car off the road.  The older couple gave me the info for the mailbox owners because they were not home.  They were so kind.  They got Blake a bag of ice and towell for his hand that he injured.  I took Caden to school, ran Blake to Rick for X-rays.  He tore his ligaments in his hand so his thumb is kind of squishy but he didn't break it.  I then made pumpkin bread to have Blake take to the older couple and thank them for their help.  I then met the owners and he was so sweet.  Everyone was just so glad the boys were ok.  Then this morning after spending a few hours at a service project cutting trees and removing limbs from a creek bed for a family, we headed back over to the scene and picked up all the rocks.  Rick didn't have his truck back yet, so we had to rent one from Home Depot and load all the rocks.  We then drove them all the way to the dump only to find out it was closed already so we ended up having to dump them on our property.  A very exhausting day!  But no one was hurt so that was such a blessing!

Comments

Popular Posts