SCHOOL IS OUT!

The summer is in full swing and the boys are making the most of it.  My rules for summer are some sort of exercise, algebra (Blake) and ACT prep for Caden (1/2 hour) read 1/2 hour and some chore before the day is theirs.  Caden had tennis camp all week so is exercise was taken care of.  Blake went to the rec with Rick a couple days and lifted, went mountain biking (he wiped out and pulled a muscle in his back) repelling down a cliff, and then the boys got ticketed when they thought they could jump off a rock.  Rick and Blake had seen kids jumping off it the day before and Rick thought it looked fun.  With Rick on one side of the lake, the boys swam over to the rock.  When they got there, there was a sign that said no climbing and jumping with a fine attached if you do.  Rick could see some discussion going on, and he was trying to get them to come back.  Caden said lets go back and tell dad what it says, but the other two along with six other boys thought it was fine.  They just started to climb, when police apprehended them.  Three boys took off running, but six boys got tickets listing them as juvenile violators and they have to go to teen court.  Thankfully it does not go on their permanent record, not so thankfully is the $275 fine they each got!!  So Rick took them to another spot where they knew it was okay to jump and they ended up having the thrill of a jump.  They said each time they jumped you got that fear and feeling in your throat.  CRAZY!



I had the young women over Wednesday for a movie night, we watched "Once I was A Beehive" and I made a few treats. These tasted just like smores!  Friday night I am going on a hike and outdoor cooking in prep for camp in July and then Satruday from 9-12 I have a camp meeting.  After that is over, the boys and I will head off to Utah!

Comments

bethouhumble said…
Sounds like good rules for summer! We are off track with company and mission prep BUT maybe next week! That still cracks me up that Rick drove them to their juvenile delinquency! :) Those treats look yummy! How was that movie?
Daniels Six said…
It is a cute movie. The girls all like it!
Bozie said…
WHAT??? That's crazy!! Poor boys! (And poor mom and dad after paying the fines!) Every summer I say we are going to read and do some bookwork before we head off for the day but it never seems to happen. I really need to enforce this at our home! Sounds like the boys are already in the thick of it all for their summer break. Can't wait to see you soon!

Popular Posts