Yesterday was Fast Sunday and I bore my testimony about an experience I had yesterday.  I had prepared myself for my midterm and had been studying for a few days.  I felt pretty good to take it but these tests are essay questions and it is hard to prepare since it could be on anything in the eight units.  I did pretty well on most but I got to a question that had six parts.  It wanted six pieces of legislature that had passed that affected healthcare.  I had studied that over and over and got five of them.   I could not for the life of me think of the sixth one.  I had prayed before taking the test that Heavenly Father would bless me to remember but I sat there and nothing.  I said another prayer that he would bring it to my remembrance.  All of a sudden the word cherry pick came to mind.  That was not the answer but that led me to the answer because EMTALA (Emergency Medical Treatment and Active Labor Act)  was the legislation that did not allow doctors to send away patients that couldn't pay if they were emergent or in active labor.(cherry pick)  This also happened on one more question. It wanted a year and president that was in office when medicaid medicare passed.  The year 1965 just flashed before my eyes and that could have only come from Him.   I immediately gave a prayer of gratitude for His help.  I tied that into how this life is a test but thankfully it is open book and we have the scriptures, living prophets, and the Holy Ghost to help us pass this test.  I also mentioned that God knows each and every one of us and how he cares about our lives.  He cared that I wanted to do well on this test and even though it would not be the end of the world if I got those questions wrong, he knew that it meant a lot to me.  Anyway I also had an experience Saturday with a less active sister that impacted both her life and mine and reminded me that often we go through experiences so that we know how to help others and that tender mercies are all around us.  I am so grateful for my life.  I am grateful for my challenges that humble me and cause me to rely on divine guidance.  I am grateful for the examples in my life that continue to sustain and encourage me.  I am grateful for a loving Heavenly Father who is patient and kind and I am sure shakes his head sometimes when I continue to need to learn the same lessons over and over, but He never stops loving us and He will never give up on us.  I want to be more like him as I parent but it sure is a challenge.  I love my kids and I hope that they have felt that love and know that I would do anything in my power to help them.  Anyway I just am really grateful for my life!

Comments

Be Thou Humble said…
It is wonderful to know and feel Heavenly Father's love! So glad your test went well!

Popular Posts