Busy Saturdays
Rick worked last night and then went straight to Bishopric Training from 7-9. He then came home and met up with us at Caden's tennis tournament. He won his first set, lost his 2nd and lost the tie breaker 7-10. He played one of the better players and he was surprised at how much he had improved. He thought he would get killed. It is fun to watch him have so much fun. It was cold and windy but we survived. Rick had to run off a bit early to go and get ready for a memorial service. This was his first one and he did such a great job. It was for a Spanish lady and none of her family were members except one daughter. Rick conducted and spoke in Spanish for some of it. I looked up at him and just felt my heart bursting with love for this man. After we the RS had provided a luncheon for the family. Rick walked around and visited with the family. The ladies that were helping said that he is such a kind man. It has been such a blessing to watch him grow in this calling. He had to counsel a family that has been dealing with domestic abuse. The family was baptized recently but the father has some anger issues. He is meeting with the wife to get some of the clothes for the husband because she has filed a restraining order. This makes me a bit nervous because you never know how people will act in these situations. He met with Rick today after the funeral and was pretty agitated. I hope things resolve peacefully. He also visited with an elderly couple and they usually get meals on
wheels during the week but the weekends are hard. Rick had me take them
in panda express. They love chinese food. Anyway now Blake needed some dad time so they are off running some errands together. I caught up with my homework so I will be good to start strong on Monday. Poor Lexi thinks she broke her thumb. She was working out and went to lower the incline bench to flat and somehow she pulled the lever wrong and the seat came down on her thumb. She went to the urgent care and they did xrays and said there was a problem but they needed to send it to radiology and she will know on Monday if it is broken. If it is broken than she will have to drop her volleyball class. If it is sprained she can keep the class. It is imperative that she stays in the class because the guy I have picked out for her to marry is in that class! I thought it was fate but if she has to quit the class maybe I was wrong. I don't know if she is in agreement with my choice but mothers know best!


Comments