I am excited for this year! Morgan will be home in 19 days and that is making me very giddy. We spent New Year's Eve at the Schoenrocks. They invited the youth from both wards and then us. It was so cold that not many made it out. They did have a bonfire, fireworks, and tons of food. The kids had fun, but probably Rick had the most fun. He loves a firework. We were able to complete the stake goal of taking family names to the temple by the skin of our teeth. We spent last Saturday in the temple and it was so rewarding. Rick was able to baptize Lexi for our girls and the boys for our men. I have so enjoyed Lexi. We have gone shopping, worked out, watched Poirot, baked, cooked, and had so many laughs. I miss her joy and spirit in our home when she is gone. It is tangible! She went to a party the other night with her high school friends. She said no matter what the conversation was, they would manage to bring in our religion. I know that Lexi has been such a great example to these girls and she said, Man they know more about my faith than I do! One girl said to her, when I grow up I want your mom's life! I thought about that and was overcome with gratitude for my life. These girls have been in our home a lot and they often comment to Lexi that they can see how much Rick and I love each other. To have that love going strong 20+ years into a marriage is a gift. I have the gift of staying home with my kids, I have the gift of four amazing kids, I have the gift of the gospel in my life and all that that entails, I have the gift of extended family that is always so supportive. I just have so many blessings that I can truly say "It's a Wonderful Life." I do have stresses and worries and challenges but the Lord prepares me and He helps me and sends me reminders of that often. As a family we all set goals but we talked about one main one for each of us and we are discussing our progress every FHE for this year. All of us chose a "basic" but it is in the small and simple things that great things are brought to pass.
 |
| The boys heading off to have a airsoft/paintball war. |
 |
| Heading off to the temple. I hope the boys plan on smiling once the braces are off! |
 |
| Lexi's hair cut. It is funny that when it is straightend it looks so much lighter than when it is curly. |
Comments