Lexi and her roomies took one last trip to bear lake before they all go their own way.  Lexi will be heading to Spain and Katherine will be going on a mission.  They will not live together again so they wanted one last girl trip. 


Gracie always has to sit by me and put her paws up like she owns me.  I had just said her name so she was tilting her head to see what I wanted.  She is such a fun, sweet pup.

His teacher took a picture of it and texted it to us!

Rick talking my love language by making dinner after church and Caden and Rick cleaned it all up after.  I was all week in the knees I tell you.  Rick usually cooks for us, but clean up is my area so they were so sweet to not let me help!
I registered for winter classes this week.  I will be taking four classes and hopefully will be able to juggle them.  I only have about four more weeks of the classes I have now and I have managed so far to have two A's and one A- in math.  The math class kills me and I have an exam tomorrow so my A might not stay much longer.   Blake and math are not best friends either.  Rick has been tutoring him every night and this last test he got 110 percent.  So exciting.  He has a lot of work to do to catch up and be ready for his end of year test, but with Rick working so hard with him, I think it will turn out ok.  We had a situation with Blake where a girl accused him of calling her horrible names.  After talking with Blake, we knew this was not true.  We asked the principal for a meeting with the parents and the girl so we could all sit down and get to the bottom of the situation.  The principal, vice principal also attended.  Blake was embarrassed to face the parents who thought he had said such things to their daughter.  We got there and the daughter was not with them.  We asked them to get ther because we really wanted to hear from her.  She refused to come into the room.  The father had some texts printed out between their daughter and another boy and it was very obvious to us that this girl has some serious problems.  After we told Blake's side and they asked Blake questions, I asked them if they could get her to come in because I wanted to know why she was accusing him of these things.  The father left the room and we could hear him talking to her and heard him say, so you are saying another boy said these things and Blake never did?  After a while, he came back in and said she wouldn't come in but that they now realize they have bigger problems than they thought.  They were a really sweet older couple.  Rick told them that he was really concerned about her after reading the texts and admonished them to seek help for her.  Rick was worried after this experience that she might hurt herself.  She came to school the next day and walked up to Blake and apologized to him.  So crazy.  The principal and vice principal were just writing things down furiously because I am sure it was deemed sexual harrassment or bullying.  It was very apparent pretty fast that she was not being truthful.  Poor Blake.  I hope this girl has been talked to about the seriousness of bringing a false accusation against someone.  I have my theories of why she did it and I don't think she ever thought her parents would contact the school. Blake handled himself really well and we were proud of him.

Caden had basketball tryouts and after the 2nd day he came home and said he didn't think he would make it.  They would post the results the following morning.  He made it!  He was so excited.  He is by far the smallest on the team but in all the drills he was able to do them even when walking and bouncing the ball between your legs.  Alot of kids couldn't do that.  I think it showed that he practiced a lot and was very comfortable with the ball.  Now if he can just get competitive on the court and use those skills, he will do well.

For my religion class on the family, we had to do the love languages quiz with a few people and then work the next couple of weeks showing that person love the way they like to receive it.  I took it and my highest by far was acts of service, Rick's highest was physical touch and his lowest was acts of service,  Caden was words of affirmation and quality time.  I realized that I need to do better at both of those with Caden.  I haven't done Blake yet, but Rick and I have had a fun time joking about ours.  We will see how the next two weeks go!

Comments

Be Thou Humble said…
I've been wondering how it all worked out with Blake. Sounds like the girl does need help. Glad Blake's name was cleared! Also thrilled that Caden made the team! So proud of him and his hard work! Lexi looks beautiful! Looks like they are having some fun together :) I feel your pain with math. I have no interest at doing it again so you are braver than I am! And way to go Blake! That had to feel wonderful to bring that test home! The love language thing is fun but my husband is never up for that stuff! Glad Rick is having fun with it and giving you your service!
Be Thou Humble said…
I've been wondering how it all worked out with Blake. Sounds like the girl does need help. Glad Blake's name was cleared! Also thrilled that Caden made the team! So proud of him and his hard work! Lexi looks beautiful! Looks like they are having some fun together :) I feel your pain with math. I have no interest at doing it again so you are braver than I am! And way to go Blake! That had to feel wonderful to bring that test home! The love language thing is fun but my husband is never up for that stuff! Glad Rick is having fun with it and giving you your service!

Popular Posts