I remember the excitement that surrounded field trip day. It didn't really matter where we went, we just got to get away from school!! When I was in school, parents were not expected to come. I don't remember any parents coming to school to help with parties or to go on field trips. My boys still expect and would be shocked if I didn't show up to a party or field trip. Today they were going to see A Christmas Carol. They have been reading it in class. After the movie, they took lunch to a playground and enjoyed a beautiful day. Blake (who is very particular about his clothes and hates to wear a dress shirt even on Sunday) came down with a collared, plaid shirt. I was surprised and said Wow you look nice! Caden informed me that when Blake was getting dressed he said, "I need to dress up and look nice, because this is my first date with Taryn (his crush for two years) She is several inches taller than he is!! It was the kind of date where the girl was not informed that she was invited, and she sat in an entire different section of the movie theater. Another thing, Caden lost his binder with all his homework for the week. When we got back from the trip, we looked again through his classrooms. One classroom he said we don't need to check because he didn't go in there. We couldn't find it and so when it was time to get the girls, I had Rick take him in again to look. I told him to say a prayer and ask Heavenly Father to help him. He said I already did that twice. I love that he thought to pray without me prodding him. He found it in the classroom that he was sure it wasn't in. I reminded him that he needed to thank Heavenly Father for his help.

Comments

Popular Posts