The air is so crisp and cool this morning. I love it. Had a great seminary inservice where we were reminded to keep personal histories. He had us think of three word triggers under certain categories. Embarrassing moments, fun family activities, scars, church activites, prayers answered, etc. Then after we had our trigger we tried to apply a gospel principle and find a scripture to write that trigger by. It was amazing how I had forgotten things and then to see how everything can be tied to the gospel in some way. One category was spiritual temple experiences. I was trying to think of one and couldn't think of anything specific. I then was copying some of my journal entries onto my journal.com and came across a temple experience I had in August and had already forgotten. It is so important for me to record these experiences so that I do not forget the hand of the Lord in my life. Another answer to prayer happened today. Morgan's car was totalled and we needed to find the title to take to the salvage yard. I searched through my folder with the titles in them and it wasn't there. I then looked through my important documents file and couldn't find it. I looked up how to replace a lost title and of course it is just a pain. I had prayed that we would be able to find it. This morning I was filing some seminary papers, when I had the impression to look through my important documents file again. I almost ignored it because I was certain I was thorough. I looked again and a document folded up caught my eye. Stapled to the back of the cover sheet was the title. I love when you see evidence that your Heavenly Father cares about my life even when it is something small. We had our Stake Conference yesterday and our stake president challenged us with five goals for 2010. 1. Go to the temple one more time than 2009. 2. Take a family name with you.3 Have someone in your home for the missionaries to teach. 4. Read the Book of Mormon 5. Have a three month supply of food. I am confident I can do number 1, 2, 4, and we already have five. #3 will be a challenge. I don't know why but I have a hard time with this one. Lexi thinks she has the family. They live in a different stake boundaries. So I don't know if our missionaries can teach them in our home or not. I am going to the Phantom of the Opera in March with this family so I will hopefully get to know the mom a little better. She apparently tired to join the church as a teen because all her friends in Arizona were members. Her parents wouldn't let her. Lexi has become friends with their daughter this year. I told the kids we need to pray every day that we will know which family to work on. BE BRAVE!!

Comments

Be Thou Humble said…
SO glad to read an update! What journal.com thing are you talking about? It is amazing how writing helps to keep things in our memory. If I don't write--it's gone!
Daniels Six said…
It is ldsjournal.com You can backdate and type your old entries or keep a daily one. I love it because it gives you a journal jar prompt and helps jog memories for me. You set up an account with password so it is private. You can have the year printed in a book. Morgan has been keeping hers on their for this year. I have been more sporadic. But I am finding all my random thoughts and entries that I have kept in a number of notebooks and I am recording them on there.

Popular Posts