Caden's Christmas Gift to Us


 MANNER

by Caden Daniels 


The multitude before him bowed

then master gave his inquiry. 

Looking on those within the crowd

"of what manner ought men to be?"


Perhaps he then foresaw the type

a boy of humble circumstance. 

The first of seven souls to ripe

by Rick was known man's chosen chance.


A carpenter his father was

he too did learn the honest trade

for Ricky did as Richard does

paternal bond was strongest made


As stature of the lad increased

he sought companion's steady hand.

By sweat he raised them from the least

their union brought four more to band.


Of all careers, he chose to heal

the balm of Gilead doth he keep.

He soothes the pains of their ordeal

removes all cause to fret and weep.


To mend himself he cannot do

relief hard won when father passed

or mind's malignancy debuted 

but knows God's peace will come if asked. 


So witnessed Christ the best of men

the firstborn of a woodworker

who cures and lifts each soul again 

and as for pain, is no shirker.


Return to Lord's assembly now

hath closed the vision of the Lamb

Await they do the answer how

with Rick in mind, 'Be as I am"




SPEAK I NOT

by Caden Daniels


When mortal veil did lift at last

thoughts turned to those she would conceive

of no concern her Eden past

but speak I not of mother eve


Injustice looms above its prey

she has not stake in their ill fate

still pleads their cause without delay

but speak I not of ester great


The wounded keep their friends at length

comply she can't to this mistruth

"with you I'll stay" a show of strength

but speak I not of loving Ruth

 

A favored maid of Him on high

devoted to that savior sure.

With Christ through every laugh and cry

but speak I not of Mary pure


The one of whom I speak is all 

A selfless matriarch of four

An altruist by Godly call

disciple of the back that bore.


What might we call this femme schema?

As "love" or "mom", select few could

To most she's know as "Elena"

But non fits more than simply, "Good" 


I cannot even express the feelings of reading these.  They were just so beautiful and touching.  I cried reading them both and just love this tender son of mine!


Comments

bethouhumble said…
What a treasure! And it's wonderful to know he spends time thinking of you!! Well done Caden!

Popular Posts