February Again!
![]() |
| Every leaf is encased in ice and so the trees are very heavy and are touching the ground and breaking off. |
![]() |
| Grey did not have school Tues, Wed and Thurs. He was excited to stay longer! |
![]() |
| His toy closet! Can you say spoiled. He tries to go through and thin it out but he just cannot part with anything! |
![]() |
| Sunday we attended our old ward to listen to Chris Sigerson's experiences. |
![]() |
| Poor tree did not survive. It was not doing very well and we were planning on replacing it so this actually helped! |
So this week started off great and then took a turn. Sunday, Rick and I were able to go to our old ward to listen to Chris give his very spiritual experiences of his heart transplant journey. He was told my the Lord he had to do three things. He has now done them with the last one being to share his experiences with his ward family. I am hoping that he doesn't pass away now that he has accomplished what he was told to do. It was like going home when we walked in and we were able to catch up and get hugs from so many people. Then Monday morning we went and picked up the Grey boy. We were told that an ice storm was coming so I told Kayla to let me know if she hears that school was cancelled. She texted a few hours later that school was cancelled for Tuesday and Wednesday. It was quite something and ice was everywhere. Grey and I hunkered down. He played and had a great time. Tuesday he took a nap which was nice for me. Rick picked up some groceries for Kayla since her car was completed incased in ice and she could not get into it. We took Grey home Wednesday night and then she lost power right after and it was off until 11 pm. I kept checking on them but she said they were tucked up in the beds with lots of blankets and the upstairs was staying pretty warm. Thursday the ice started to melt and the noise as it fell off the roof was all day. We lost power for several hours and the internet went down. It is amazing how much we do that requires the internet. I could not do any of my study that I do on line, my music wouldn't work, I couldn't watch anything so started reading a book. It was off until Friday at 10. This is the 3rd February in a row that we have had these ice storms. I am thinking it is now just going to be our new normal. Thankfully they were more prepared and we only lost power for a couple hours unlike the days last time. Then Rick had to give the spiritual thought at his high council stake meeting. They meet over zoom. He tells me a few days ago that he thought he would sing in Spanish for part of his thought. I thought you are kidding me, but low and behold I was in the other room while he as meeting and I hear him start singing, God Be WithYou Till We Meet Again. I about died and wished I had recorded it! One of the high council members sent him an email about how much he loved his thought and of the 4 years he has served on the high council no one has ever sung a spiritual thought and that he though he had nerves of steel. I just was like who is this guy!!(HA)













Comments