Fathers' Day 2022
Ellie included some of these oldies but goodies of dad with us kids through the years. I love looking at these pictures and love the one of dad with his birthday cake. It doesn't seem possible but we have had two Father's Day pass without dad. I still find myself feeling him here and not really gone and I guess that is because he really still exists. He did not end with death and I am so grateful I have that knowledge and have never felt the finality of death that some people who do not understand the next life feel. I am glad to know that I will see that smile and twinkle again in person and that we will be reunited again and I can thank him for all that he did for our family.
I also am grateful for my kids' father. He is a good man. He tries hard. He makes me feel safe. My kids know they are loved by him and he will do anything he can to help them. We shared his Father's Day with our missionaries and we had steak and salmon, potoatoes, sautéed green beans (which they loved) salad and ice cream bars for dessert. We have an elder with celiac so I couldn't bake a cake or cookies or any dessert that I. normally would, but the ice cream bars were good and cold!









Comments