Welcome Ivy Lou Jones!

Having a baby during the covid 2020 means that she wore a mask for some of her time and no one could  go to the hospital except Levi!

I flew out September 30 to arrive before Lexi had her baby.  She went in the hospital Thursday morning to start her induction (Oct 1) and it seemed like it might not happen that day but she ended up going from a 6-10 really fast and had baby girl at 8:17 pm and she weighed 7 lbs 7 oz and was 20.5 inches long.  They decided to name her Ivy Lou.  We have always called Lexi, Lexi Lou and Morgan often just calls her Lou so the Lou is after Lex.  They stayed in the hospital until Saturday afternoon, so I spent Thursday and Friday at mom's house visiting and playing Skull King!  Saturday morning, I made a grocery trip to Smiths and went and and put them away so I could make some meals for Lexi and Levi.  Finally met Ivy in person Saturday afternoon and she is an absolute doll.  She looks a lot like Lexi did as a baby.  She is not a fussy baby and has been sleeping 3-4 hour stretches.  She caught on to nursing right away and that has been going smoothly.  Rick was able to come Sunday afternoon to Monday evening and met his little granddaughter.  He bought a couple ceiling fans for their upstairs bedrooms but when he went to install them, he discovered they were not made to take ceiling fans without some modifications.  Thankfully, Craig, Levi's dad could do it so he installed them.  I made a few meals for them, Ginger sent them money to have dinner on her, and we treated ourselves one other time.  Lexi was a bit overwhelmed the first few days thinking about working, going to school full time and trying to nurse and take care of Ivy.  By the time I left she felt better about everything. She just seems like it came so  natural and I was so proud of her.  Something just happens to your heart as you watch your own child become a mom.  I was so happy and filled with joy!  We hope to go out again the end of November for her blessing if they can get it arranged to have it in their home.  They plan on keeping her away from a lot of people for a few months. 

made pumpkin  cookies for Lexi! They were so good!







Ivy and Lexi (at two weeks)


melted my heart!

Sporting the Daniels Dulap!












Finally getting to hold her!




Add caption


I stayed over a couple nights to help Lexi get a decent night sleep.  

Arlo did surprisingly well!  






Arlo and I played fetch quite a bit!




Going to her two week check up where she weighed 7lbs 14 oz.  She had dropped to 7 after the hospital so she did really good gaining it back and then some!


Comments

bethouhumble said…
She is so beautiful! Lexi looks so peaceful and content. She will be a good little mamma. So glad you could be there!

Popular Posts