Our Relief Society had a Book of Mormon reading challenge starting from Memorial Day to Labor Day. There are 100 days and we just finished today. I loved reading as a group and I had just finished it right before memorial day so it worked out perfectly for me to go again. I love the blessings that come into my life daily because of the Book of Mormon. Life is challenging and oftentimes I am at a loss as to what to do, how to move forward, how to love and show that love when things don't go the way I planned. I also find that extending myself grace when I tend to blame myself when things go wrong is very hard. Dealing with Blake's situation has tried me. I have not written about it except in my journal, but the fact is a baby is coming. I went into his room the other day and on his desk was pictures of the ultrasound and there before me was a little human. I just cried as I realized that this baby is beloved by our Heavenly Father and I need to do the same. I worry constantly about the future of Blake and this little spirit. Blake told Rick and I the other day that Kayla is reading the Book of Mormon and he wanted us to pray that she would be touched by the spirit. Blake is such a mystery to me in how he thinks about the church. At times he will demonstrate an intense faith in Heavenly Father but then when it comes time to read together or pray together he often times is negative. Maybe that is just being 18 for him. Maybe these two will make a little family and maybe it will all work out. I can just pray and hope and trust that "come what may and love it" will be true words.
Our nursery leader went to Italy and asked me to fill in yesterday. Our nursery is run a bit different than some wards. We have a very capable leader and then two parents of the children work in there with her for a month and then the next month two different parents take a turn. She is the constant. So I went in and there were fourteen little ones. Oh man was it fun. They are so loving and so excited. We played, we had a lesson, we went on a walk where I told them to be quiet as mice and they took me literally, creeping along not making a sound. We have afternoon church, so they were getting tired at the end and this one little girl crawled in my lap as we blew bubbles and she laid her head on my shoulder and said "I'm tired" There was something about being surrounded by those littles that was healing to my soul and I am so glad Katherine was inspired to ask me to fill in.
Saturday, Caden and I worked on applying to BYU Utah and Idaho, Utah State, and University of Utah. It was shocking to see how much more BYU requires than the other colleges. We had Utah State and U of U done right away and once his high school sends the transcript he is officially done applying. BYU has four essays, the endorsement from bishop and stake president, seminary recommendation, and teacher reference and another person to write a recommendation. He received a text that his previous YM president already submitted his so that is awesome. Anyway I am excited for Caden. He starts mission prep next Sunday. Rick was told by two different individuals yesterday how impressed they are with Caden. This next year will bring big changes for him, but I know that he will be ready to embrace them.
Our nursery leader went to Italy and asked me to fill in yesterday. Our nursery is run a bit different than some wards. We have a very capable leader and then two parents of the children work in there with her for a month and then the next month two different parents take a turn. She is the constant. So I went in and there were fourteen little ones. Oh man was it fun. They are so loving and so excited. We played, we had a lesson, we went on a walk where I told them to be quiet as mice and they took me literally, creeping along not making a sound. We have afternoon church, so they were getting tired at the end and this one little girl crawled in my lap as we blew bubbles and she laid her head on my shoulder and said "I'm tired" There was something about being surrounded by those littles that was healing to my soul and I am so glad Katherine was inspired to ask me to fill in.
Saturday, Caden and I worked on applying to BYU Utah and Idaho, Utah State, and University of Utah. It was shocking to see how much more BYU requires than the other colleges. We had Utah State and U of U done right away and once his high school sends the transcript he is officially done applying. BYU has four essays, the endorsement from bishop and stake president, seminary recommendation, and teacher reference and another person to write a recommendation. He received a text that his previous YM president already submitted his so that is awesome. Anyway I am excited for Caden. He starts mission prep next Sunday. Rick was told by two different individuals yesterday how impressed they are with Caden. This next year will bring big changes for him, but I know that he will be ready to embrace them.


Comments