Valentines 2018



Rick and I headed out to the temple early to make the 10:30 session.  I love the strength and peace I feel in the temple and I always leave feeling empowered.  I went through for Mable Elizabeth Stromberger.  Another couple from our ward was there and so we decided to meet for lunch at Newks.  It is a salad/soup sandwich place that has become our temple tradition and this couple had never been there.  They are an elderly couple whose grandson took his own life a few years ago at age 16 and their daughter who is the mother has become anti the church.  There son is a dwarf and was recently married in the temple and that has been a great blessing for them.  They shared with us their conversion story which was amazing.  They had been asked by their sons' doctor to reach out to a family that had just had a baby with the same type of dwarfism.  They invited the family over and the family told them they had five children and were from Utah.  They knew they were Mormon but didn't know much about it.  This was in Georgia.  The baby ended up dying and at the funeral, both of them felt that the message they heard was true and then they took the discussions and were baptized.  They are such great people.  When I first moved in six years ago, I gave a lesson and talked about my parents.  I think it was on gratitude anyway he remembers that talk and has told me a few times that he would like to meet my dad.  He asked me yesterday how my dad was doing and if he would ever come to Texas.  He still would like to meet him.  I told him he was doing well, but doesn't travel much!  

We then came home around 4:30 and a friend of mine from crossfit had called Rick on the way to the temple because she had weird swelling in both her arms.  Anyway she works up the road from our house and so she came down and had him look at it.  He thinks it was an allergic reaction to something so he gave her some meds and hopefully she is doing better today.  We visited for a bit.  I really like her and she is a single mom to a 10-year-old boy. She is such a sweet girl with an amazing southern accent and sayings. 

Caden had tennis lessons and then went straight to YM"s where they made and delivered cookies to some elderly in our ward.  He didn't get home until 9:30.  I made him his cookie cake and we didn't do the fondue tradition since he was the only one home and he said he would just take his cake.  Blake went out to dinner with Kayla and got her some flowers. His car broke down so he and Rick had to tow it to a shop this morning to see what is wrong with it.  Rick thinks it is the starter motor? 

Comments

bethouhumble said…
That is a special conversion story. What wonderful service opportunities you are having. Did you save a copy of your gratitude talk? That would be fun to have. Getting dad to travel is not likely!

Popular Posts